• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I becoming a Pu$$y?

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
SERIOUSLY thinking of just getting a 3 year warranty AND picking the electric start option for the G4...

...am I becoming weak? Anyone know what it adds weight wise?

...Ace

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Nope. Just getting old like the rest of us. That new starter setup sure looks nice on the Doo. I wouldn't get one on the Cat cause they are junk.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I ordered the estart...:face-icon-small-blu I could only call all the estart guys pussies for so long after watching them balled up in an awkward position reach over and tap the starter while I'm trying to balance my sled above a guaranteed serving of "your sled is totaled" if I lose the edge AND pulling on the effin starter rope. There's just some situations that it's actually safer to have estart. That being said I am going to install the starter rope backup... you know, for if the battery goes dead, or in the parking lot so nobody knows I'm a pu$$y.

The new "dirtbike" style starter setup looks super light and you can always dump 7-10 lbs by installing a lightweight battery...

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I also struggle with the estart. It is nice to have but the weight. Here I sit and scream lose more weight and then I want to add it back on with the e-start.

O the humanity.

M

mocflats

Jan 21, 2009
Are they offering the pull rope with the electric start models in the g4's? Hated that my 14 with electric start didn't come with the pull rope could've used it a few times

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Did Ski-Doo ever publish how much weight is added with their new dirt bike style electric start?

Would also be cool to know how much of that was battery weight so you could figure out how light you could actually get it.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
If you think you are a pu$$y, you are probably a pu$$y:)

Do it, no upside in pulling the rope unless you like the hippie lettuce.

Apr 3, 2008
MONTANA
You will love E start, wish mine had it on it...........At the end of the day when your tired from riding hard it is nice to just hit the estart button.......

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
SERIOUSLY thinking of just getting a 3 year warranty AND picking the electric start option for the G4...

...am I becoming weak? Anyone know what it adds weight wise?

...Ace

I too am becoming the old guy I used to poke fun at.
I will probably get e-start on my next sled, especially now that it looks like it belongs (850).

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Plus if you have the electric start you don't have to worry about being even close to the axys weight.......;)

Its a telling indicator of the doo culture's age/riding ability/energy level.
Also the increasing average age of snowmobilers.
Not being down on anybody, just an observation.

(Anti butthurt disclaimer)
All content above is aimed at providing levity. Also "true" self inflection on personal goals and realistic riding abilities.......

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
The biggest perk of ES in my mind is resale. A lot of people look for that. My dealer is sold out of 2015-2016 ES models but has a ton of pull start.

Order estart, install backup pull and maybe toss on a lightweight battery.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
I'm always amused by the "e-starters are for women, wimps, old people, trails, etc." Having had e-start the last two years, I've been trying to figure out why I ever rode without it in the first place. That added weight doesn't change a thing for me at all since I'm already a big guy.

Having said that, I will be installing a pull rope on my xm only because estart is great until something goes wrong with it, and clutch starting is a headache at best.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
On another note, my dealer did inform me that the G4 pull start has 40% less pulling resistance than the 800 etec! In the event anyone is seriously considering estart because they think it is difficult to pull?

Premium Features