• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber kit hitting DET, ideas?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
So my 2013 pro with a 2012 silber kit on it (runs the attitude silber box) decides that it randomly wants to hit det on me sometimes. It usually only happens on the trail ride in or out, rarely in the deep but like I said it does happen pretty rarely in the deep (and just in the morning for some reason). I know people arent huge fans of the boxes that kit ran, would it just be a lean spot somewhere in the maps thats hard to find and maybe I just hit it on the trail since im not loading the sled as much so the tuning off? Its not a huge issue as long as im not building full boost down the trail but it is still annoying.

Sleds only running 7-8lbs, usually run 94 no ethanol mixed with roughly 30% AV, but sometimes have to run 91 with ethanol mixed with 30% AV.

Any ideas whats causing this its definetly not a fueling issue, id say my elevation is usually around 4-7000ft roughly

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
what rpm ? any chance it's bouncing the rev limiter ?
have you tried more weight ?

try to record it happening on the gauge and the watch the rpm

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I would try running straight Av and see if you still have the same issue. I know my 13 would do it sometimes when it over reved to fast as well.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Ill check the RPM its hard to say it usually happens really quick so its hard to read it. Ill try running more AV but id be kinda shocked if that was the issue, it even says right on their website that 30% should be good for my elevation and id assume what they are saying should be on the safe side already, plus ive held it wide open for over 10 seconds without tripping the det sensor when on the trail ride in it would trip.

Im betting rpm

And sledhead I said 4-7000 ft usually so average being probably 6000ft never said I rode at 2000ft

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Need more octane. The early kits with the dobeck boxes didn't have the ability to adjust timing like the newer Silber Kits. So you can't compare what guys are running with the ECM re flash kits.

Guys around here always ran 100% Avgas with the '11-'13 kits at 6,000 ft.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Need more octane. The early kits with the dobeck boxes didn't have the ability to adjust timing like the newer Silber Kits. So you can't compare what guys are running with the ECM re flash kits.

Guys around here always ran 100% Avgas with the '11-'13 kits at 6,000 ft.

The fuel recommendations I quoted off his site are for the 13 kit not the new kits... And like I said ive held the sled wide open for over 10 seconds with no issues at all

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Hes saying 4/7000 feet7/8 psi is nothing for that elevation 98 oct should be fine for that elevation however there are many variations in set up, air flow, turbo size theres no set guidline unless everyone has the exact same set up,in the same spot.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I probably ride the same areas as you and that wasnt enough octane for my 2011 that had the 2013 dobec silber kit. 50/50 those fuels or more. Unless youve added a timing key of 2-3 deg. I know you said you can do long pulls but mine was the same. For the few extra dollars to run strait ave which means exact same mix everyday, was worth it to me in time saved adjusting the box all the time too.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Ill check the RPM its hard to say it usually happens really quick so its hard to read it. Ill try running more AV but id be kinda shocked if that was the issue, it even says right on their website that 30% should be good for my elevation and id assume what they are saying should be on the safe side already, plus ive held it wide open for over 10 seconds without tripping the det sensor when on the trail ride in it would trip.

Im betting rpm

And sledhead I said 4-7000 ft usually so average being probably 6000ft never said I rode at 2000ft

Whistler creekside is 2174 ft. Leaving Brandywine parking lot and riding the trail to Brandy bowl at 4000 ft. Not enough Octane, for the trail up. I run 50/50 91 C-12 for the same area. Once your in the bowl and up the chute your fine at 30%. First few k of the road is lower than you think

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Whistler creekside is 2174 ft. Leaving Brandywine parking lot and riding the trail to Brandy bowl at 4000 ft. Not enough Octane, for the trail up. I run 50/50 91 C-12 for the same area. Once your in the bowl and up the chute your fine at 30%. First few k of the road is lower than you think

Sledhead were you the one I stopped and had a talk with for a bit there?

And hmm I guess ill try more octane too. My sled didnt do it when I was in whistler, doing it more here in the kootenays where theres less snow and lighter snow so im still thinking its over revving. Wont know for sure till I go for another ride though. Ill jump up to 50/50 and add a bit more weight to my clutch

Last edited:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Also check the clearance between the bolt head and the bulkhead on the pro side 5" long bolt that holds the aluminum air box on. I usually notch a 1/2" out of the bulkhead to keep that bolt head from hitting. Another place that can cause trouble is the shield on the pipe contacting the mag side exhaust valve cover. A little filing will eliminate both these things that can cause det especially on a sled with a few miles since the motor mounts start getting squished.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Also check the clearance between the bolt head and the bulkhead on the pro side 5" long bolt that holds the aluminum air box on. I usually notch a 1/2" out of the bulkhead to keep that bolt head from hitting. Another place that can cause trouble is the shield on the pipe contacting the mag side exhaust valve cover. A little filing will eliminate both these things that can cause det especially on a sled with a few miles since the motor mounts start getting squished.

Yeah when I bought the kit the guy told me about that, I couldnt even install the airbox without notching it.. Ill check the shield too

Premium Features