• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled continues to shut off...knock sensor?

M
Dec 26, 2015
I installed a Boondocker gtx turbo kit on my 2015 polaris pro this fall. I am mixing 110 race fuel and 88 no ethanol. Had 4 successful rides, ran great. On the 5th ride, it died on me and I thought I hit the kill switch. I checked all the connections and nothing seemed out of place. It wouldn't start until after waiting about 10 min. It happened 4 times that ride. The engine light blinks as it is shutting down. I changed the ethanol fuel setting and took it out to see if that might be the issue. It was worse. Happened twice as often. The longer I waited to restart it the longer it would run without occurring again. When it dies, there is an enormous amount of exhaust. I am told this may be the knock sensor. Has anyone experienced this, any pointers on where to go next?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Are you maybe running lean? I have my cat shut off on me before when it was running lean, sometimes its hard to catch it....

ALSO can i ask why youre running 88.... Makes very little sense to me, mix your 110 with 91 not 88

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Never seen a knock sensor kill the engine. But theres alwsys a first for everything. Sounds like something is overheating. If your seeing exh fumes when it dies, mostlikely its still getting fuel which also assumes power. Did it overhea, What was your eng coolant temps? Could be a coil, pull spark plug boots and check for black carbon traces and make sure boots are on all the way. Or voltage regulator, cool it with snow right after it dies and see if it starts up quickly.

Last edited:
Premium Features