• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CFi-4 Max Accessory load?

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Anyone know how much accessory load you can put on the CFI-4 system?

Running the following accessories that I tested draw with a battery charger and a inline am meter.
Intercooler fan 4.7amp @14v 66watts
Oil pump 2.8amp @14v 39 watts
koso wideband 2.5 amp initial 1.5amp after heat cycle 35-21 watts
126-140watts headlight removed minus 60watts=66-80 watts

bar warmers about 50 watts? on top of all that

intercooler fan now on switch.
Should I avoid use of intercooler fan with handle bar warmers on?

can't find any info on the slp analog dual egt about what it might draw. have not tested

Any thoughts out there?

Last edited:

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Everyone knows about the bad voltage regulators on these.
Were there more problems or less on the turbo sleds that usually have more draws?
Anyone know?

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Polaris came out with an updated VR in 2010. I bought it and havent had a problem, and I'm basically running everything you have, but no headlights. I was told that the VR from the 05 900's are bullet proof, so I have one as a back up. You have to change the ends to fit the wiring harness though. A simple 5 minute job.

Watch the charging system bars on your gauge cluster, or the RPM's if it looks low with everything on, maybe try turning headlights, and hand warmers off to see if it gains bars, or RPM's

I also extended the overflow line from my coolant bottle down into the chassis because the stock one would overflow right into the stator hole. Ive heard this is known to have taken out a few stators.

Premium Features