• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shipping Help

S
Aug 23, 2012
Valdez, AK
Trying to get a sled shipped from Idaho to Anchorage, AK. Anyone have experience, advice, companies they recommend etc. Mostly need to find a way to get it from McCall Idaho to the dock in Tacoma. Any help is appreciated.

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
I dont have any advise but is your sled in yet? I ordered a 2014 ski doo summit x from the McCall Idaho dealer.

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
Try Uship.com. I've used them twice to ship sleds with good results. Essentially, how it works is you enter a description of what you need shipped with dimensions and weight, then multiple freight forwarders bid on shipping your item. Just be patient with it, as the first few bids typically come in really high. After a week or two, the bids should get more realistic. Both times that I used them it cost me just over $300 to ship a sled approximately 14 hours worth of drive time each way. The only catch I've run into is that most companies that give you a bid want your sled in a crate or on a pallet. But, if you are buying from a dealer it should not be a big deal for them to help out with that.

S
Aug 23, 2012
Valdez, AK
I dont have any advise but is your sled in yet? I ordered a 2014 ski doo summit x from the McCall Idaho dealer.

Yeah man its been there for 3 weeks, trying to figure out the shipping. Not really, I am hearing mid October but just want to get the shipping figured out and set up, cause I already have to wait about two weeks longer than you guys.

sledhead1

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2010
This is who i used. ww.transportationservices.ca. Awesome to deal with. Thsi was my back-up choice ww.con-way.com/en/freight

Last edited:
Premium Features