• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno hawk, or timber sled kit!

R
Dec 8, 2007
Duvall, Wa
I'm debating picking up a sno hawk or putting a 136 conversion on my 450f. Ive done the turbo sleds, big bores, psi genesis, and stck sleds. They all break and I'm sick of fixing them and buying race fuel. Any thoughts on what to do, sno hawk, or timber sled conversion? I want to climb and jump,

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
The two machines are not really in the same ball park. Timbersled is nice, easy to ride and great for boondocking threw the trees.
In stock form a hawk will trench to china, a Timbersled has very good flotation, and is much more nimble than a hawk, until you get to speed.
A well set up hawk will leave a bike kit in the dust.They carve like a jet ski and will rip if you give it a chance. They are not easy to learn to ride, but once you do there is not really a comparison, they are just two different animals.
Talking to bike kit owners who have no experience with a hawk will get you a biased answer. Many Hawk owners, myself included have quite a bit of experience on both. They both rock in their own way.
I say get both.

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Freaking Mountain Horse dude. No regrets.

You cant go wrong with a TS kit, You can get in way over your head with a hawk.
Since the OP is in Duval Wa there are lots of local guys with both machines that would be willing to let you throw a leg over there machine, There are also at least 3 local TS dealer who give Demos. I90, Backcountry SB, and Diesel works all great folks to work with.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If "Hawkfest" in Cooke was any indication of the reliability of Snowhawks, I would buy the TS kit....

The Alpine looked like a Snowhawk graveyard. LOL

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
A clean 800 for less than 5 grand :face-icon-small-hap

Everyone thinks they need the big boy, so did I. I was very mistaken.
Im thinking a 800 would end up sitting in the garage. To much for a begining rider, I dont care if you can ride like Travis Pastana, You'll be much happier with a good 503 or maybe 600

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Ive rode the 8 and the fan but never a 6. For flatish tree riding then yes the fan is a great option and a blast to ride. But for the mountains around here the 8 in my mind could use even a little more get up and go. But if I found any of the three for a decent price I would be happy.

Premium Features