• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching D8 togwotee, PCIII map?

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
Hey guys, taking my Dragon Rmk 800 out to Togwotee end of February. When i bought the sled from a member on here he always rode at 8-10,000 ft, was running 10-58's, clutch springs and helix suggested in the Polaris manual. i live in Wi and followed the manual for 0-2,000 ft and have 68;s in the clutch. Should i just run weights that are suggest in the manual for the elevation there? Just looking for a good setup that i can toss in and not have to be ripping clutches apart when i get there

Secondly, Im putting my PCIII and fix kit in the next week. I plan on looking or a map to improve the fueling for this elevation, do i need to look for a map for the elevation there as well?

thank you guys!

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
So i bought a new in the box PC III. installed the software on the laptop today. The guy i bought it from sad he threw a disk in it his buddy gave him with a few different maps.

all the maps are listed dtr and then are followed with stckex, stckexmidfuel, and then a bunch of maps for all different pipe combos. all the maps have notes of whats what. I loaded a map with the foolowing notes:

2009 Stock Dragon 800 stock. STOCK EXHAUST
For optimum performance, should be operated at 100 degree F coolant temp, highest octane pump gas available, and if using 10% ethanol blend disconnect ethanol wires to enrichen mixture. For max power for with ethanol fuel, plug wires in. Positive numbers in midrange are experimental by Chad Okeson to try to cure lean midrange.

does the elevation matter where these maps are used? At home im 0-2000ft but when i go to lava mountain ill be 8-10000.

the sled/ecu should reset to the elevation on every start up correct?

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
Yea I noticed, lol since everyone one and their mom has a pro it seems!

So the map should be good for any elevation.

Premium Features