• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Axys on the Dyno - Build up

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Scandinavian dyno numbers are "always" significantly lower than numbers conceived in USA/Can.

Seems to be a large difference in how a dyno test is done depending on which side of the Atlantic it is performed. Scandi numbers are usually around 10hp lower, sometimes more. Weirdly the equipment is usually the same......

IF there is a difference in mapping it would be to our benefit since Sleds sold in Scandinavia does not have to fulfill EPA regulations and should be able to run a little stronger. In the early CFI 800 days Polaris dabbled with special Euro-mappings but since then I don't think they have made a difference.

I know for a fact that Euro RZR's have lower power numbers since I have read both and have confirmed that the programming is different in the EU models. I cannot remotely read the ECU's for the European market but we do flash them with our programming. Not really sure why the readings are so different unless they are using a different correction factor. We typically use STP in the USA.

· SAE -- The SAE standard applied is a modified version of the SAE J1349 standard of June 1990. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque. Friction torque can be determined by measurements on special motoring dynamometers (which is only practical in research environments) or can be estimated. When estimates must be used, the SAE standard uses a default Mechanical Efficiency (ME) value of 85%. This is approximately correct at peak torque but not at other engine operating speeds. Some dynamometer systems use the SAE correction factor for atmospheric conditions but do not take mechanical efficiency into consideration at all (i.e. they assume a ME of 100%).

· STP -- The STP (also called STD) standard is another power correction standard determined by the SAE. This standard has been stable for a long time and is widely used in the performance industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers.

· ECE -- The ECE standard is based on the European Directives. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 99 kPa (29.23 InHg) of dry air and 25°C (77 F). Friction torque is not taken into consideration at all.
·
DIN -- The DIN standard is determined by the German automotive industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 101.3 kPa (29.33 InHg) of dry air and 20°C (68 F). With the advent of European legislation and standards, national standards such as the DIN (formerly widely used) are now less significant.

NOTE There is a tendency for all those standards to converge. The only worldwide power correction standards at this time are the ones determined by ISO. For internal combustion engines in road vehicles, this is the ISO 1585 standard. The current SAE J 1349 and ECE standards are nearly identical to the ISO 1585 standard.

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
We have been running the all new production 850 a bunch in the mountains and low elevation so far We are really impressed and compared to a Bikeman Stage 1 Axys 800 they are very close. So good news for 800 owners it won't be too hard to keep up. Now on the other hand the piped 850 really rocks.

A
We have been running the all new production 850 a bunch in the mountains and low elevation so far We are really impressed and compared to a Bikeman Stage 1 Axys 800 they are very close. So good news for 800 owners it won't be too hard to keep up. Now on the other hand the piped 850 really rocks.
Or when can we expect to see some Dyno pulls on a 850 with your single pipe installed?

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
when will the pipe be ready?

Or when can we expect to see some Dyno pulls on a 850 with your single pipe installed?

Should have production pipe in about 4-6 weeks with ecu mapping. We are very satisfied with the results we have achieved over stock. It is a totally different machine! Video will be released on my channel as soon as production version is available for dynoing. be sure to subscribe to see the video first.

Premium Features