• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well crap

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
2018 Summit Oil drip and bulkhead "crack"

The dealer said some of their floor models are dripping just like my new machine. Anyone with a new 850 seen this?
64519ccf836472330bd6036b03422843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
It's a lemon! Go trade it in for an Axys. Both my 850's chaincases leaked ever so slightly. They had about a silver dollar size drop in the floor from sitting this summer. I fixed that though by putting belt drives on. I would say that is unacceptable though and your dealer should definitely fix an oil leak.

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
i too had few drips on the sled deck..... my dealer assured me they checked it over for any leaks. he also said there had been others doing the same...

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
mine done the same thing. The oil is coming out of your exhaust between the y pipe and exhaust pipe. Must be from the extra oil dumped in the gas tank for break in with just a gallon or so of gas the dealer puts in the tank. took my pipe off and it had a lot of oil in it

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
New sleds sobers a bit on brake in especially extended slow speed and idle, so get on the pipe and blow that stuff out the exhaust :face-icon-small-hap Not kidding and boys quit the winning:face-icon-small-win By the way put a skid plate on its worth it.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Update

As most folks said here it was the Y-pipe junction. When I pulled everything out to install my RPM skidplate I was able to clean the floor of the bulkhead area and pipe connection points.

I'll keep an eye on it to see if it continues to build up during the break-in period.

Premium Features