• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Troubles with QD belt under boost?

pappabruce

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm new to the turbo world of snowmobiles, wondering if anyone is having issues with the QD belt under boost? I'm running a axys with the boondocker pump gas kit, had a 13 pro big bore and sold it with 1700 miles and with original QD belt that looked like new. I'm up in the air if I should buy a spare for $200 or not. I would buy one, but I bought one for the 13 pro, correct me if I'm wrong but it won't fit the axys, and I can't hardly give it away now. Just wondering if I'm going to have another $200 ornament in the trailer.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
we blew one apart the other day, made it out ok without any cogs lmao slapped on the tki drive waaaay better deal and belts 80 bucks, we roached the lower pulley so between that and 2 belts same price

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I blew one my 3rd day boosted on the pro (2013) but at the same time it was only because I was pinned under boost and had a hard hit to my track and the QD just ripped right in half. Dont care if its my fault I hit hard under boost but that should not happen IMO, my riding style it a little wild sometimes so to say the least im expecting it to happen again these QDs are a POS, had way harder hits on my cat boosted with no issues.

BUY THE SPARE

I

ibanez

Jan 16, 2011
i blew several belts, and so did my buddy's we went to chaincases

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I abuse my stuff and havent blown a belt yet at 1000 miles. But i did install a fire and ice tensioner and my sled is a 2014. 2013s had issues stock.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I abuse my stuff and havent blown a belt yet at 1000 miles. But i did install a fire and ice tensioner and my sled is a 2014. 2013s had issues stock.

I believe 2013 BELTS had issues, I had and blew an updated belt. Pros arent made to hit the track hard under throttle simple as that, its just not a good design, with a tensioner or a TKI setup I believe it has lots of potential, just not in 100% stock form, add boost and an aggressive riding style and id recommend another belt on site

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I believe 2013 BELTS had issues, I had and blew an updated belt. Pros arent made to hit the track hard under throttle simple as that, its just not a good design, with a tensioner or a TKI setup I believe it has lots of potential, just not in 100% stock form, add boost and an aggressive riding style and id recommend another belt on site

Agreed.
To do a proper update on a 2013 you need to change the pulleys aswell as the belt because the tolerances werent as tight.

Premium Features