• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST Members Lounge??

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Christopher said:
Several people have suggested that we need a new area on SnoWest called the LOUNGE.

A place for daily chat/banter than doesn't necessarily have to have anything at all to do with SNOWMOBILING.

Just a place for SnoWest friends to gather and Hang out.
I thought that's what "Fouled Plug" was?

So what *is* "Fouled Plug" for then?

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
I like the live chat idea, and I like the title "warming hut".

I'm not a tech-ie, so I don't know how difficult/expensive it is to have a few different 'warming-huts'.

Since trucks are what we use to get to where we ride, perhaps we could have multiple chat rooms?

1) sled oriented = warming hut

2) transportation oriented = truck stop (or any other ideas?)

3) current events = coffee shack (any other ideas?)

I'm not sure the total structure of the live chat rooms, but if it's like IM, there would be a record that begins on our own computer from the moment we join, right? When there is information (not just gossip and BS) I like having the threads record it, so I can refer back to it if I want. So, even though there are lots of diesel truck forums out there, and lots of politics are nasty, I follow them for the sake of our nation, so personally, I'd like to keep those areas as threads.

Just my opinion, and thanks to all who make this sort of thing happen!

PE

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008

I'm not a tech-ie, so I don't know how difficult/expensive it is to have a few different 'warming-huts'.

Since trucks are what we use to get to where we ride, perhaps we could have multiple chat rooms?

I'm not sure the total structure of the live chat rooms, but if it's like IM, there would be a record that begins on our own computer from the moment we join, right? When there is information (not just gossip and BS) I like having the threads record it, so I can refer back to it if I want. So, even though there are lots of diesel truck forums out there, and lots of politics are nasty, I follow them for the sake of our nation, so personally, I'd like to keep those areas as threads.

PE

Depending on what format this site is based on and written in. A continuous chat is possible. You wont be able to save to your computer you would have to copy and past to a note pad. Snowest would have to create a whole program like messenger to run a save to you comp. and it takes allot of programing to make one. I brought up the chat idea because no refreshing no click type post refresh over and over just a continuous conversation for anyone logged on.

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
I can give rep to anone for any reason and it is as bias as my openion so is dosent mean that we are smarter or dumber its just a game to most of us and it makes us feel good to have maxx greens so there is no way to keep that from being that way why try.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007

PE

Check the link(s) in my sig, "Snowest chat". I've had that up for a year or so now, but hardly anyone ever uses it. Pretty easy to use.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Two other Forums that I am a member of have "instant messenger' type chat boxes on them and they can be enjoyable... as mentioned, a constant stream with no manual refreshing needed.

The other idea of having a forum section devoted to just chatting is also a great idea. The likes of the Max thread and others that have been conducted in the Trash bin are a very popular format for those of us who enjoy chatting without the restriction of being 'glued' to the computer.

Personally I think the Trucks and Trailers forum section has been a great addition and should remain just as it is, it is very useful for talking specifically about tow rigs and accessories.

Also, the Political zone was a great idea, it was driving me crazy wading through dozens of political threads all the time in FP, its nice to be able to ignore all that stuff now:D

Ya, its interesting to see all the changes that have taken place in the last couple weeks, as stated, the Polaris guys have been wanting a 900 sub-section for years... nice to finally get one:D:beer;

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
The instant message/chat format is alot different than a lounge style thread which is what most of us are looking for, I believe.

Premium Features