• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno Scoot hydraulic disc brake mod Caliper Mount Kits for sale

H
Jul 15, 2014
Hi all,

Due to requests I have for sale a very limited number of mounts and hardware to do the Nytro Brake upgrade for Sno Scoots. Thistledoo invented this so the first one goes to him at no charge (if interested).

The brake mod has 3 major improvements over a stock Scoot set up.
1) its stops a LOT quicker
2) its much easier to pull the brake lever
3) the lever is WAY closer to the bar for small hands. Much easier to reach for the littles one so its way safer

See the pictures..

The mounts are made of high quality 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum. This stuff is not cheap. Very strong and ultra lightweight. Shot peened surface treatment to reduce micro abrasions and surface fractures. 100 percent tested for one year on my son's Scoot. Reliable and positioned well for clearance. comes with the hardware to mount.

It takes no time at all to mount and comes with full instructions. You just take the existing rotor and flip it around for the new caliper.

what you'll need... Caliper and Lever setup off a Yamaha Nytro or Apex, Vector etc . Grab one off ebay cheap or any sled wrecker. i got mine with the lever, reservoir and caliper for 39 bucks.

This is the part number for the calipers: 8GL-2580T-00-00
or 8FU-2580T-01-00

The caliper mounts are 85 US including the hardware and shipping. First one goes to Thistledoo at no charge

Also have one complete setup with the caliper, cable, lever and reservoir available for 175.

To inquire or purchase one email leafstodd@yahoo.com

Its my brother who makes them, not me so you need to contact him direct at the above e-mail. he accepts paypal

Thanks all

IMG-20141220-01711.jpg IMG-20141220-01712.jpg IMG-20141220-01713.jpg IMG-20141220-01714.jpg IMG-20141220-01715.jpg IMG-20160203-00063.jpg IMG-20160203-00067.jpg IMG-20160203-00068.jpg

Last edited:
H
Jul 15, 2014
I had some typo's in original post..

correct email is leafstodd@yahoo.com to enquire about the mounts.

Cost for the mount is 85 and that includes the shipping. This gets the caliper located in the right spot as well which I failed to mention in original post.

H
Jul 15, 2014
I had some typo's in original post..

correct email is leafstodd@yahoo.com to enquire about the mounts.

Cost for the mount is 85 and that includes the shipping. This gets the caliper located in the right spot as well which I failed to mention in original post.

Also here is a pic of what the setup looks like on the bars..

IMG-20141223-01730.jpg

leafstodd

Premium Member
Apr 29, 2016
I still have a few conversion kits left for sale. If you are interested you can PM me here or contact me at the above email address.

leafstodd

Premium Member
Apr 29, 2016
Thanks for the purchase. The conversion kit has shipped. Info provided in the email.

H
Jul 15, 2014
still have these available? How long does the install take?

Maybe an hour at most? Doesn't take long at all, very easy and very few tools required. Just normal stuff. Very simple.

Yes still a couple available but they may be gone soon as we have an enquiry for a couple of them from an individual in Maine.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Maybe an hour at most? Doesn't take long at all, very easy and very few tools required. Just normal stuff. Very simple.

Yes still a couple available but they may be gone soon as we have an enquiry for a couple of them from an individual in Maine.

Let me see if I can locate a caliper and lever setup and I will get back to you really soon.

leafstodd

Premium Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hi guys, I've just completed machining a new batch of the caliper mounts as I was previously sold out.

I've also designed a Headlight Switch Mount for the stock headlight switch to mount to the handlebars.

I am selling the FULL conversion kit with the headlight switch mount for $100 US shipped with tracking # provided.

If you want the STANDARD conversion kit without the headlight switch it remains at $85 US shipped with tracking # provided.

I can also sell the headlight switch mount separately for $25 US shipped with tracking # provided.

Feel free to contact me with any questions by private message here or by email leafstodd@yahoo.com

Thanks to all that have purchased the conversion kits so far. There are so many great Scoot and Sport machines out there !!

Scoot Caliper Conversion Full Kit.jpg Scoot Caliper Conversion Standard Kit.jpg Scoot Headlight Switch Mount Kit.jpg Scoot Headlight Switch Mount pic 1.jpg

leafstodd

Premium Member
Apr 29, 2016
I've had a number of people ask if the conversion kit will work on the Sno Sport. The conversion kit will indeed work on the Sno Sport as well.

Thanks for all the enquiries and purchases.

For more information and details you can check us out online. Chinook Fabrication and Design

Premium Features