• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for ski suggestions for 05 REV

W
Nov 10, 2013
Okay, so 05 REV and I have the stock 05 offset skis with burgstorm tri carbides. I guess I just didn't pay attention or ? But I keep seeong posts through out this REV thread that they suck and make steering hard. I'll admit after riding a buddy's sled, his does steer alot easier. Unfortunately he rides a pol so I have nothing to compare it to the REV.

So im looking for ski sugestions from those folks who actually have them and csn give me the right suggestions.

I just read that the pol grippers are a good upgrade and improve steering 100% but it was a single post with no info.

Appreciate your input as always.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Okay, so 05 REV and I have the stock 05 offset skis with burgstorm tri carbides. I guess I just didn't pay attention or ? But I keep seeong posts through out this REV thread that they suck and make steering hard. I'll admit after riding a buddy's sled, his does steer alot easier. Unfortunately he rides a pol so I have nothing to compare it to the REV.

So im looking for ski sugestions from those folks who actually have them and csn give me the right suggestions.

I just read that the pol grippers are a good upgrade and improve steering 100% but it was a single post with no info.

Appreciate your input as always.

grippers steer very easy, effortless

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Byeatts, I know you are running Mohawks. Is there a big difference between the two?

I try everything on mt. skis, Ran the Grippers all last season, They steer very easy and work very well, The Mohawks jus came out and will be trying them as well, I have both skis a;long with many other aftermarket skis. Grippers are sure bet , reports are good on the Mohawks ,Grippers are cheap, Mohawks very pricey. awaiting more sno.

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
Just put grippers on mine after running offset. Deep keel, great steering on trail running AI frontend with floats. More floatation in the deep. slightly flexible so bulldoging really forces the snow into the a arm for better control downhill. $200 a set brand new. Easy cheap enhancement. Go poach the pro guys who spend coin for heavier skis.

K
Feb 16, 2011
Pilot SL

Pilot SL Ski's will fix a 05. I do not like them on a Grand Touring but they fixed my old 05 and I put the Presicion Ski's on the 11 Grand Touring and it steers better now.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Byeatts, I know you are running Mohawks. Is there a big difference between the two?

yes the Grippers are effortless steering and forgiving, Mohawks heavy steering but more responsive. Two totally different skis, both good. The grippers are a sure bet for all conditions.

B
Jan 19, 2014
grippers steer very easy, effortless

Just put grippers on mine after running offset. Deep keel, great steering on trail running AI frontend with floats. More floatation in the deep. slightly flexible so bulldoging really forces the snow into the a arm for better control downhill. $200 a set brand new. Easy cheap enhancement. Go poach the pro guys who spend coin for heavier skis.

Went with the grippers. WOW...What a difference over the stock. Highly recommend.

Do the grippers bolt straight on to the rev?

I have Pilot 6.9s on my Rev and a ZX that I want new skis on. So I'd like be able to swap the grippers and pilots between both sleds so I can try out the different combos.

thanks
/colin

S

Ski-Doosh

Aug 1, 2014
Delta Jct AK
I have heard that you can just swap skis left to right side and vise versa. Free if you like it. I have SLP powder pros. They are great in the pow but combined with my 159 they dont turn very good on tight trails.

G
Nov 26, 2007
Im sure the others are good skis but like the guy said earlier, I put simmins gen 1 on it and it was a whole new sled.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I run Simmons on my Rev for 7 years because thats what came on it, I then bought a sled with Powder Pros on it and I liked them better than the Simmons, I heard about the Grippers and I put a set of them on and I won't run any others now. I have them on my 06 Doo and 13 XM. I did cut the back of the skis to match the 13 Doo ones tho.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yes from what I read they will work on all REV's, just use stock washers and the Polaris bolts.

Premium Features