• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wanted 120 mt sled

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Fabcraft is now making full kits for these.
Billet clutches, fabcraft tunnel, coil-over shocks, C&A skis, 200cc Rec Motor, Fly riser and bars...the list goes on.

I was at their shop last night and saw the latest.

IT's a Cat with a Rec Motors 200cc in it.
It is BEAUTIFUL.

The biggest downside is they are big $$. The tracks are the biggest cost.
They are 10" wide and 128" long one-off beauties. They cost over $2k apiece.

I think my son is going to take it out and give it a test whirl for Mike this weekend.
they suuposedly hit 35ish mph with this 128" track.

Justin Summers (Klim) has one and with the short track and taller gearing he says he hit 50mph at grass drags. THAT's FAST!!!!

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
Fabcraft is now making full kits for these.
Billet clutches, fabcraft tunnel, coil-over shocks, C&A skis, 200cc Rec Motor, Fly riser and bars...the list goes on.

I was at their shop last night and saw the latest.

IT's a Cat with a Rec Motors 200cc in it.
It is BEAUTIFUL.

The biggest downside is they are big $$. The tracks are the biggest cost.
They are 10" wide and 128" long one-off beauties. They cost over $2k apiece.

I think my son is going to take it out and give it a test whirl for Mike this weekend.
they suuposedly hit 35ish mph with this 128" track.

Justin Summers (Klim) has one and with the short track and taller gearing he says he hit 50mph at grass drags. THAT's FAST!!!!

we need pics!!!!!!!!!!

I

Icehole

Nov 26, 2007
Jackson, WY
Richard,
I'm just getting out of a 5 yr. stint with the 120's, 120 mods, and our kids racing these little money burners. Last of our mod sleds shipping to North Dakota in the morning. I have one chassis left that was never built out as a race sled, mostly because I just ran out of time. I have all the parts you need to build one nice machine - or I can do it for you. The Polaris chassis currently sits with wide front end kit, five tooth extravert drivers, wide aftermarket running boards (kinda like snow eliminators), custom bars, and I have aftermarket front I shocks, aftermarket rear skid with single I shock. All our race sleds were belt drive - but I would stay chain drive on this to save money. You can do belt drive anytime - and $1,200 in parts plus labor.

Although I have a brand new "CHAMP" motor in the box, I would not suggest running our race motor for play riding - as these motors are "pure race". But if you don't mind tinkering with valves - then put the race motor in and watch your kid dominate. But for the "gas and go" dads, I could get you into a larger motor than stock that will work great without much maintenance. As far as long tracking one - that can get into your pocket book a bit - but your kids are only young once... but remember - you do have to live with the wife forever (in some cases).

Cost wise - I think $3K gets you a basic mod, $5K gets you some custom, and $8k plus will have your kid and you bragging up a storm (and you sleeping in the dog house).

These little mod sleds are not cheap. For the last 5 years my wife asked "have you gone nuts?" But it's been fun! You can Google "Brody Hasenack" and see that we were very fortunate to have good sleds and fast kids!!

You can e-mail me at bhasenack@aol.com or text me at 307-690-2084 if interested.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
http://fabcraft.com/geraldwalter.php

gerald26.jpg

Last edited:
N
Mar 13, 2011
Are the clutches the Jr ones? I know they are swapping in stage II recmotors gx200s

I got a list of options today, and it's impressive. But I'm sure it won't be cheap. I don't have a sled yet for my boys. Been looking around. Might just have to get one in MT, to Save on some shipping

N
Mar 13, 2011
Also. One thing they need is a proper tail light. Pink's is covered by tipped tunnel, and black doesn't have one (could be a stroker engine)

C
Nov 29, 2008
May be cheaper option to look for a decent Sno Scoot or even better a Sno Sport and do the long track mod & plastic skis .... cheaper than the 120 mods, pretty quick - the 125's stock run as fast as a Bravo or Tundra and even the 80 cc Scoots seem to be quite quick ... 50 km/h on the trail with our stretched stock Sports. At 2/3's size, its a great transition sled and capable for the kids as they get a bit bigger.

Otherwise some of the older smaller sleds modified slightly (depending on the kids size) might work as well.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
WAY CHEAPER!!! No doubt about that...but that's definitely NOT why a guy mods out a 120. LOL

My son put a couple tanks of fuel through the Fabcraft AC 200 this weekend.

IT's VERY impessive.

The sled is an estimated 50lbs heavier and it wasn't funny how bad it totally WASTED a stock 120 in a drag. LOL

I have vids and pics. I'll get them up soon.

May be cheaper option to look for a decent Sno Scoot or even better a Sno Sport and do the long track mod & plastic skis .... cheaper than the 120 mods, pretty quick - the 125's stock run as fast as a Bravo or Tundra and even the 80 cc Scoots seem to be quite quick ... 50 km/h on the trail with our stretched stock Sports. At 2/3's size, its a great transition sled and capable for the kids as they get a bit bigger.

Otherwise some of the older smaller sleds modified slightly (depending on the kids size) might work as well.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Are the clutches the Jr ones? I know they are swapping in stage II recmotors gx200s

I got a list of options today, and it's impressive. But I'm sure it won't be cheap. I don't have a sled yet for my boys. Been looking around. Might just have to get one in MT, to Save on some shipping

Yes those are the JR clutches. They are very cool! Spendy on the initial purchase but can be completely rebuilt just like a big clutch.

Icehole aka 120 God!!! LOL:)

V

villain

Nov 2, 2013
Damn Scott!! That think is unreal!! You should check into the jr dragster motors. You can easily get over 30 hp out of them. 60 if you really push em. The polar clutches are way simple to tune as well.

P

Pandoras Box

Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys, Fabcraft built this one for my son, Has stock motor. I'm thinking this is his last season on it. I will be looking to sell it soon. Maybe 10 hours on it.

116.jpg IMG_1023.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Here are a couple of phone pics snapped from my camera screen.
I'll actually download them and the vids over Thanksgiving break.

Here is a teaser.

attachment.php

He looks like a fricken snowmobiler here. HAHA
attachment.php

attachment.php

2013-11-24 20.31.00.jpg 2013-11-24 20.32.18.jpg 2013-11-24 20.35.34.jpg

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I plan to built one this summer, here is what I'm thinking;
The new race spec engine, 6500 redline about 10 HP as delivered
The JR dragster clutches
Custom Jackshaft
The full size QD system to get the reduction
Narrowed '13-'14 Polaris driveshaft and stock drivers
Narrowed (thinking 12") 146" x 2.5" Camo track ( may trim the paddles shorter)
Narrowed EZ-Ryde rear suspension
Scaled down PRO RMK front suspension
Stock Polaris 120 plastics
Custom chassis to bring it all together
With that engine and the stock QD ratio should be capable of 50 MPH, horsepower and load dependent.

My daughter Turns 9 Thursday so need a 'tweener sled.

Last edited:
Premium Features