• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled won't go

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I looked at another chart for a 1998 RMK700 and it calls for 158 main jets for 6 to 9000 feet at temps of 10F to 40F. It was non ACCS for that year so it may be close to what you should jet to. It used 1371G needles with the clip in position #3 so you are good there. The only difference is that your carbs have a 6.0 throttle valve and the 98 had a 5.5 valve. That means your carbs run a little bit leaner on the bottom up to about half throttle but Keihins run pretty rich anyway. Taking that into account I would think that 160 mains would be right for a starting point for your sled for 10F to 40F. Of course the best would be if someone that removed the ACCS from a 2000 RMK700 would chime in with their setup.
Overly rich jetting will definitely give a low end bog.

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
Sweet. I'll see if I can't find some jets and get em ordered. I'm just stoked I got this clutch/rpm thing figured out!!
Random question, but what are the quarter sized metal things on my track with a bolt and nut through them for? I'm sure it's a stupid question, but I don't know the answer.

I'll check the swap meet for jets, thanks again I'd be banging my head against the ground without your help.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Some guys did not like the every third window closed tracks because the sliders ran on rubber. The option was to install some bolts like you have so the sliders ran on the flat steel head rather than rubber. Supposedly it makes the track turn with less resistance or that was the idea anyway.

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
Still not sure what I di to get her going, but whatever she's working.

If I were to remove the speedometer and put the tach on the steering post woill that effect the jetting? I'd really like to ditch the whole gauge pod, but can't figure out how to cover up the back of the lights. Guess I could just remove the lights and move them somewhere?

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
So when its under load it won't move, do you know anyone with a polaris secondary you can borrow? With all the problems you've had with it already id say its probably the culprit.

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
Yeah it just doesn't want to move once it's on the ground. I did release some tension on the track and am taking it up to snow to test and try adjusting. There is a guy in town unloading a lot of inventory, I already asked him about secondaries. At least I know what isn't the problem!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Did you have the secondary spring wound properly?
Broken spring?
Sacked out spring?
Rollers bound up?

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
Took her out today and hauled a$$!! It was great. Doing wheelies, climbing hills, getting back on the trailer, everything went smooth. I did play with the choke cable on the PTO side and that definitely helped that cylinder kick in. Still plenty of snow, be riding for another month at least. THANK YOU to everyone for your help!!

Premium Features