• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WSSA Snow Show

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Why does the WSSA schedule the snow show for the opening weekend of deer hunting season every year. Don't they realize that they would get a much bigger turnout if they did it one week earlier. I missed it last year because of hunting, and might do the same this year. I'm sure there are alot of sledders out there that have to take care of hunting in October.

BigT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
I've wondered that myself. Might have something to do with scheduling at the fair grounds--don't know though.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
can't change the dates due to the fair grounds schedule

don't you go hunting to carry a gun around and drink beer? I'm sure you could do that at the snow show

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
There are also the dates of the other western shows to coordinate as alot of vendors attend all of them....2 shows on the same weekend would not be good for anyone.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
your all correct

from one who has been on the Expo board for a lot of years, this topic is really old news for a lot of you, Yes the fair grounds books up years in advance, yes there are a lot of other shows thru out the US and Canada and we have to pick a weekend that works for the long distance vendors. and also, the game department moves opening weekend around by a week or two just about every year and they dont post it till after this season is done. Hard to deal with that, I guess it comes down to what is more important. This is the biggest show this side of Wisconsin. Deer season last 2 weekends so I guess the die hard hunters need to decide whats best for them. 90% of the snow show people have no complaints about it.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
Ya this year kinda sucks for me also, this is the one of the weekend in the year to go and enjoy everything at the show, my family knows that I am unavailable, I am down at the show selling and buying and looking at all the good stuff. But this year my son started college at WSU and guess when fathers weekend is, out of all the weekends on the F-IN calendar its the weekend of the snow show. That sucks.

N

nikeholley

Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma
Yes, but...

the game department moves opening weekend around by a week or two just about every year and they dont post it till after this season is done....... Deer season last 2 weekends so I guess the die hard hunters need to decide whats best for them. 90% of the snow show people have no complaints about it.

Respectfully, these two points are not quite right...

Elk season has typically been the last weekend of Oct... and deer season two weekends before that... the sled show has historically been the weekend in between...

and, yes, there are two weekends of deer season... but if you hunt with ANYone else... family, friends, uncles, fathers etc... THEY always plan for OPENING day of deer season...

also... 90% of all deer harvested happens opening weekend...

Ugh...

Nike Holley

Premium Features