• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Add Extra Engine Mount to the M8 (pics)

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
- bought a spare engine mount setup from product tester
- had to fab up a metal support as the alum support is backwards and upside down
- used a 3/4" long bolt on the bottom, cap screw wont work, hex head requires less room....and you need all you can find:face-icon-small-dis
- shimed 2 washers inbetween the mount the rubber ring thing
- removed material from the rubber ring thing as i need more clearance for the oil pump...started with 1/32" and ended up with about a 1/4"...fingers crossed:cool:
- removed material from the half moon bracket located down low and cut a hole in the bulk head to gain bolt install/uninstall access.....plan to cover this hole up later
- used loctite on everything
- you will need a long pry bar to move the engine around and get the lower bolt in....this is the fun part
- PITA:face-icon-small-dis

engine side mount, looks purdy huh:beer;
mount1.jpg

topside view:
mount2.jpg

see the hole, the bolt is long, could of done it differently i guess.....oh well
mount3.jpg

oil pump vibration/movement room:
mount4.jpg

bottom half moon clamp, removed material amd removed about 1/8" from the bolt as it will now be too long:
mount5.jpg

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
nice install! real good pics. i fiqured that this might be a PITA job. but with that extra mount... if that engine dont stay still i dont know what will. nice job.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
i didnt really think that would have been such a pita , looked like a plug and play set up ,, figures ,, as goes every project i touch ,, now im wondering if i should wait until next year to do this.
while you have it open any thoughts of using the 700 motor standoff also ? /shrug ,, was thinkning about this ,, why not use solid motor mounts? whats bad about that?,, i dont know really.
good job btw ,, not only doing it but put up pics and a nice post ,, thanks!!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I guess I dont understand the point of doing this ?

Hatchers is running a RG TM8 and trying to reduce motor movement under load/toque creating clutch mis-alignment. The additional mount will hopefully hold the primary in alignment better.

Premium Features