• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tig Welder

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
i was afraid of that. im building flatbeds and sledecks and such. need a continuious welder. Thanks

The cooler is for the torch and is normally accessories or at least can easily be added as an accessory to the machine. At the most you need a new torch cable (one that has water lines in it). I have seen some home made setups that use a 5 gallon bucket and a pump of some sort.

Another thing to look at is the duty cycle for the material thickness and type that you are welding. For a higher duty cycle you will need a bigger machine. I am not sure you can add coolers to increase duty cycle as it is a function of thermal limits (current limits with time) of the hardware.

B
You cant add a cooler to increase the duty cycle, on a tig the cooler only cools down the ceramic cone and tungsten, but you cant alter how fast the coils in the machine heat up. The duty cycle is there so you dont fry your mother board.

Premium Features