• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delete T- motion or keep it?

Delete T- motion or keep it?

• Keep T-motion

Votes: 89 42.4%
  • Delete

Votes: 106 50.5%
  • Deleted it without testing first

Votes: 15 7.1%

• Total voters
L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
What do you think? These G4s are definitely sensitive to rider input but I found that after a few days of getting used to it that the t-motion combined with throttle control makes this sled extremely easy to maneuver. I'm 185lb on a 175" X which might make a difference.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I deleted in an attempt to remedy the unpredictability when crossing others' tracks. The sled didn't always go where I want to when traversing a slope that was all tracked up. Now, I hadn't ridden in years so it could be that I figured it out as I put on the lock-out washers too.... dunno.

Gotmud

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
I was new to Ski-doo last year coming off Polaris. I bought a delete kit as it sounded like everyone just deleted it, come on how could it be good to have the rear end swivel? I decided to try it before installing it, never did install it. Don't buy into the hype. Only place I noticed it was trying to do tight donuts in the UP with ****ty setup snow conditions it would wash out. Out west it never bothered me one bit. I could maneuver tracked up areas without any issues at all. It rides different than Polaris, it's just a learning curve. Once you got it your happy as a pig in shiat.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I'm not claiming to be a great or even good rider, and thought the same thing last year that it was hype. I bought it because I was more curious than anything and I have to say my 154 is a much better sled with it deleted. It doesn't take any more effort to control but takes away the unpredictable direction changes when crossing old tracks or hard snow when sidehilling or going straight up.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I’ve never ridden a delete kit or limiting washers.
I like my Gen4 just fine the way it is.
Been a great couple of seasons for me with epic powder.
Only times I can see t-motion issues for me is super steep hero snow, and locking it out in that situation might be worth it.
I have not seen hero snow on the gen4 yet.
But my XM on hero snow could be a handful once the ski’s came off the ground.
I might buy a remote lockout kit if it were made??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I'm willing to bet that most guys who voted to delete it are saying that only because they were told by a random person on the internet that it will make them side hill better than Chris Burandt... or something like that..

Crap. . that's why I locked it out. . . you mean it doesn't make you sidehill better?

Gotmud

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
I'm willing to bet that most guys who voted to delete it are saying that only because they were told by a random person on the internet that it will make them side hill better than Chris Burandt... or something like that..

Maybe an interesting poll would be, " who deleted T-motion, without even trying it first?":juggle:

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
I prefer mine locked out. Got rid of the wobbly feeling while on edge or crossing old ruts. Even on/off throttle situations while on edge can make the tmotion do funny things....

Premium Features