• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Building a Triple Rev, need parts and have some questions

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello I came across a 96 Mach Z (Which I am parting out)that actually is in pretty good shape ran good, I rode it around the house twice then brang it inside garage and pulled the engine and going to put the 780 triple engine in another Rev I have

anyone know some good links to Engine motor mount adaptors and motor plate for bottom of engine, like similar to the Bondi ones, I`d rather make my own so if anyone has a triple Rev I would love to know the dimensions and measurement of the motor mount brackets etc.

Also lookin for a set of Triple pipe, would consider any really but would eventually like the Crankshops.

Let me know what ya have and think any info or tips would be greatly appreciated

Wildcard

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Currently working on mine

I purchased the Bondi (RH) bulkhead reinforcement, engine plate and adapters. I also purchased the 440 torque rods and bushings for the factory engine plate. I could have built my own parts... but the craftsmanship of the Bondi stuff is Top Shelf. Right where Grandma keeps the cookies! I also used Jaws for the BB pipes. They are in Canada so no duties. I was concerned they weren't going to fit good because of the reviews I've read. They fit awesome! Sure they're going to melt some plastic by the time they find their home. But they didn't take much work to wrangle in there. I machined my own lower steering bushing from aluminum. Since the factory one won't survive near those pipes. A ton of other little mods to make everything work like factory! One of those mods was to change the position of the outlet on the front heat exchanger.

IMG_1799.jpg IMG_1800.jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Bendy, Nice Sled and thanks for the reply. If I was to make my own motor plate and wedges like the bondi ones, Is there some wiggle room when it comes to pipe fitment like the engine angle or height ? like if I came out with a bit different angle each way would the pipes still fit ok or does it have to be that precise positioning of the engine?

would it be possible to have ya take some measurement of where your engine set off of some reference areas to get it positioned correctly If I had that information I would make some pretty badazz engine mounts, this is the only real part of the build that stumps me

I would like to make my own but if it is just that touchy then I will go ahead and get the bondi ones, I would purchase the engine mount parts and the lower post mount and everything else I got covered, I see a few triple revs that retain the rev coolant bottle, and for clearance of the front cooler doin like my buddies 97 Summit with a 780 in it it has the back of the magcover or area where the injection pump bolts on shaved off so it would clear better in the S chassis and a rear plate made to seal the lubrication area where the oil and waterpump gears are.

Does your sled have an Injection pump cause my buddies sled that has that area shaved off, Injection delete which is how I building this one, unfortunetly we found out the hard way that some one put a grease zerk in the front area and was supposed to be filled with grease or oil to lube the crank and center waterpump drive gear and waterpump gear, so we rode it a couple years not knowing about lubing that area and though we lost a waterpump in the hills one day when after we towed it home tore it down found it was put together with a center Metal waterpump gear and it Ate the drive teeth off the crank and the metal center gear, why there wasn`t a plastic gear like we see most would of probably saved the crank all fixed now and we filled the area with good oil and he greases it thru the season, sounds like a pain to lube but is pretty easy.

Any tips on posting pics, haven`t had much luck with this windows 8

Wildcard

Last edited:

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Thanks

Lots of good questions. I'll get you some measurements. I'm headed to work on the electrical... since the fuel and coolant systems are finished. Routing coolant hoses for me was a pain. I couldn't have done this without a second sled to use the 90 and 45 bends from the coolant hoses. I did retain the factory REV coolant bottle, although its wrapped with header tape and foil!

IMG_1803.jpg IMG_1804.jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Bendy, that's cool I was thinkin your sled was complete and finished build I see its still under construction, The painting or powdercoating on the engine looks pretty sweet,

What cc engine is in your sled and is it a BB engine if so which one was it based off of?

Thank can`t wait to get the measurements, I have looked at a lot of threads or ones I can find on Triple Rev`s but there is like nothing on engine mounts pics or scamatics, I see those on triple`s in ZX`s, S Chassis and even IQR sleds but, there is a lot of threads on RV motor installs in revs like 670 and 583 conversions and had couple people send me a drawing or plan to there motor mount adaptors cause This sled started its construction with me putting a 617 RV motor in it, I have a thread on it on Dootalk and had that almost complete other than wiring and firing, but all steering post mods, control locations, motor plate, and positioning was all done set up for the Rev Belt. When I got this triple I pulled the engine out of the Mach Z and the 617 out of the rev in the same afternoon getting ready for the Transplant.

While I was checking the sled out today I had to check if the triple plate and the 617 had the same front to rear spacing of the bolt holes on the bottom of the case and compared it to a extra set or triple plates I had and they match, Now I bet the pto to center case bolt spacing is the same as the 617 Im almost positive it will bolt on and maybe I can extend my adaptor to the outside holes of the triple case and possibly make that work cause the 617 looks to set in about the same spot of all the pics I have seen than the triple does, just the RV motor maybe sets a touch higher cause of where the carbs or intake enter the motor but the triple does carbs do set low like the RV motor, not like the 800ho in the cylinders Ya Know. but looks pretty close, gonna try to bolt the 617 adaptor to the triple this evening or tomorrow after Noon.

Wildcard

Last edited:
F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Give John a call @ SHR. i see in your sig he has already done some work for you.

He built a 925 triple Rev Summit 6 or 7 or years ago.

John sold it but it is still alive, and actually at the shop getting a fresh top-end after 5 years of mtn use.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Give John a call @ SHR. i see in your sig he has already done some work for you.

He built a 925 triple Rev Summit 6 or 7 or years ago.

John sold it but it is still alive, and actually at the shop getting a fresh top-end after 5 years of mtn use.

Cool, Ya was thinkin I will call him this week, He did do work for me Engine Kit I got from him ran awesome awesome power was very happy but unfortunelty the Ebay (rebuilt) crank I put the the engine came apart and ruined the rest of the engine other than one of the ported cylinders he did for me. Sled Has a New skidoo engine in it now from local dealer.

would of got the New engine from John but In town local dealer made possible warrantee issues a bit easier

Wildcard

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Union Bay 937

Rotax cases and cylinders. Cylinders are ported. 809 crank with Sea-doo rods and Wiseco pistons. V-force reeds and bored carbs.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I set the engine last night up on the adaptor I was making for the 617 that was originaly goin in this sled and slid the triple on it so I could get a general idea on where to cut the RH bulkhead out, got it cut out and slid the engine over it looks pretty close to all the Thread pic I have seen and looks pretty good, Just wish I had a set Pipes that would give me a better idea of engine placement. gonna try to call Crankshop or Bondi on how much they want for the the motor mounts.

I can`t get any pics to load can I get some tips from someone??

Wildcard

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Getting closer

Not really much to say about uploading pics. I plug my IPhone into the computer. Open the IPhone, send the selected pics to my picture files (or desktop) and select them from there when asked to manage attachments.

IMG_1812.jpg IMG_1811.jpg

Premium Features