• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MAJOR SERVER UPGRADES

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just moments ago.

Our Database server hit 100%.
5 minutes after reaching it max capacity I got the alert.
Shut down the forums, upgraded the DB server AGAIN.
Brought the forums back online.

Total down time was 20 minutes this time.
We are trying to get that down to under 10 minutes for the automatic roll over. Best case it will take 7 minutes of downtime to bring a new server online when we need it.

picture.php

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I don't know if this is related, but my subscription notifications seem to be more irregular and slower than before the upgrade. Quite often it seems I get notified hours to a full day after I have read the actual post.

Just curiosity on my part.

Still Curious, I just verified that my subscriptions are supposed to be instant on my end, Yet most lately are taking at least 24 hours to come thru. By that time I've already read them via surfing for other stuff. More of an annoyance now rather than being helpful. Anyone else noticed this phenomena?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Still Curious, I just verified that my subscriptions are supposed to be instant on my end, Yet most lately are taking at least 24 hours to come thru. By that time I've already read them via surfing for other stuff. More of an annoyance now rather than being helpful. Anyone else noticed this phenomena?
So what you are talking about is getting a notification that someone replied to your thread?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
So what you are talking about is getting a notification that someone replied to your thread?

Yes, the E-mail notifications to threads, regardless of whether it is my thread, one I have posted in, or just one I subscribed to due to an interest level.

The notification for your quoted reply to my post did actually come thru nearly instantly as selected, but that seems to be the exception since the server switch.

Also I have not noticed any change in speed up here, but it likely is still going thru at least a dozen providers to get to me, one of the disadvantages of low population density (no money nor incentive for updating the infrastructure).

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
So its been a while since the upgrade and I'm still not seeing much performance increase. The banner loads quick, but then there is a pause before the forum list shows up. I'm on 50m up and 25m down internet through Comcast. I've also tried it on a Utopia connection that is running at 100m/100m, same results.

Is Hardcoresledders.com using the same forum software? Their site loads instantly for me.

sled_guy

Premium Features