• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno Scoot "ENTICER" build

J

JARRETVOSHALL32

Nov 20, 2012
Just what the title says:face-icon-small-coo. This is going to be a long a$$ project, today i got the thing torn down to the frame. And i will post pics tomorrow. My plan is to use a 250 enticer and i know i will make new motor mounts. And do the 121" conversion and ROX risers RSI bars and enticer rails and track which is technically a 108" but for the sake of the build it is going to be called a 121. C&a minis are on the list too!!!

J

JARRETVOSHALL32

Nov 20, 2012
ymuna4a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

JARRETVOSHALL32

Nov 20, 2012
So Im trying to decide whether i should powder coat the frame black or blue

Black or blue i have a black hood

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I would say blue then, too much black otherwise.

Start looking for the hydro Nytro brake, that looked like a neat mod. Can you use a left hand Yamaha chaincase tower off an older sled (maybe you have one on your donor sled) or an AC diamond drive to reduce down to the stock type drive shaft?

I also installed grease zerks in the inner pivot tube of the front A-arms, spindles and rear suspension. Something to keep in mind as you go through it.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Would love to see one of these with the later year 300 out of a freestyle which would let you have reverse - the 250 enticer / bravo motors run forever though and were pretty quick in their time - should be a great bump in power especially if you can keep the weight off.

While you have it stripped, cut away the intermediate stiffeners in the foot rests and you can add round tube with traction screws so the boards are like the skins airframes - way better than the slippery plastic.

Be sure to post loads of pics.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Any thoughts on taking the leaf spring out and installing coil overs on the front similar to the Sno Sport? Might be a bit more stable at speeds versus the stock design.

Also, I have saved a bunch of pictures of the tunnel extensions to cover the track. I have yet to see one that I have in mind, but everyone has a solution.

J

JARRETVOSHALL32

Nov 20, 2012
This week will be very busy for me but keep the suggestions coming. I wonder if anyone has put a fox float where the stock shock goes. I think that would be a interesting part. And as for powder coating i think im going with blue

S
Apr 20, 2010
Any thoughts on taking the leaf spring out and installing coil overs on the front similar to the Sno Sport? Might be a bit more stable at speeds versus the stock design.

Also, I have saved a bunch of pictures of the tunnel extensions to cover the track. I have yet to see one that I have in mind, but everyone has a solution.

Like This !! ; )

image.jpg

J

JARRETVOSHALL32

Nov 20, 2012
So instead of the original idea with the enticer motor and rails and track it looks like I have to go with a 340 phazer but I think I can make the motor mounts work

M
Dec 13, 2010
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but saw this and thought it might be a good fit for your project(scroll down on page 5 to see): http://www.vintagesleds.com/classifieds/classifieds.php?page=5&search=yamah&page=5

Here's a cut-n-paste from the ad:

For Sale: 250 Yamaha Free-Air Engine
Posted By: Andy Time Posted: 2014-04-15 19:31:13
Phone:

I have for sale a good used 250 Yamaha free-air engine. Engine has been converted from a fan cooled model and has been lightened and oil injection removed. We built this for when we use to race for a 250 Enticer. Engine comes turn key with full ignition, mount, harness and pipe. Wont find another one of these. $375.00

546594_0.jpg

546594_1.jpg

546594_2.jpg

J

JARRETVOSHALL32

Nov 20, 2012
Got the donor sled I believe it's a 95 99ish Yamaha Phazer only thing wrong with it is it has no skis!! LOL

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Hang on to the fairing. They work good on the scoot.

Any chance to use the struts on the scoot? This might give you the needed room to get an engine shoe-horned in there.

C
Nov 29, 2008
The Phazer struts aren't the lightest - better to part out the phazer (except the fairing) and pick up a pair of decent shocks for the front - pair of used floats would be nice to keep the weight down even more. Stock front end / clip on the Sport is heavy.

The older kids (and adults) love to jump on the stretched sport to play on it for a bit because its sooooooo easy to roll.

C
Nov 29, 2008
The Phazer struts aren't the lightest - better to part out the phazer (except the fairing) and pick up a pair of decent shocks for the front - pair of used floats would be nice to keep the weight down even more. Stock front end / clip on the Sport is heavy.

The older kids (and adults) love to jump on the stretched sport to play on it for a bit because its sooooooo easy to roll.

Phazer is 485 cc isn't it? That's a HUGE bump in power:face-icon-small-sho

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
485cc correct.

This isn't my project, but for a "kid's" sled, I think that is starting to get too much motor for this size of sled. I think if it was limited to the 250-300 or 340 that it would have a better balance.

Premium Features