• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to look for when buying a used 120..?

V
Dec 16, 2011
Hello.
I'm considering buying a mini sled for my daughters, 3 and 5 yrs. I'm in the market for a used mini sled (not the sno scoot..), but i don't know anything about them.
Is there anything special to look for on these mini sleds? any particular things that should have been changed? what wears out quickest? any problem areas?

Is there a buyers guide maybe?

C
Nov 26, 2007
kalispell, MT
FRONT shocks!!! 05 zr120

I have one that breaks the Fox front shocks off once a year:face-icon-small-dis They are pricey- I bought 2(AC wouldn't sell me just one:noidea: so I went Ebay) and the ebay ones look to be tougher. They are not a screw in aluminum eye that bolts to each end- solid steel.

I replaced one clutch/sprocket and chain, but other than that, they have a BALL on it!! No other troubles, and they ride it hard.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I have had to replace throttle cables twice due to breakage. I lubed the second one frequently, but still slowly got stiffer until it snapped.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Riding partner had a Ski-Doo 120 and he wasn't as happy with it. Had to replace the drivers with AC ones. I don't think it has as much power as my Polaris one. The Polaris (newer ones anyway) have an adjustable handlebar mount so you can move the bars up as the kids gets bigger.

On a side note, I put a remote kill switch on mine so I can "kill" the fun if they are getting out of hand or don't see me signalling for them to stop.

V
Dec 16, 2011
went to check out a 2001 mini z yesterday. But it was in bad shape. cosmetically it was bad, it was missing parts, the frame was cracked in the rear of the running boards, the track was bad, there were issues with the drivetrain etc
btw the chassis said 1997. Was all the pre 03 model chassises made in 97?

V
Dec 16, 2011
Thinking about getting a brand new mini sled as there ain't any used ones around here.
What would you guys buy; poo or cat? Only thing i have noticed is that the poo has adjustable steering height. also the poo's are almost sold out.
Would the cat be less of a sled than the poo?

V
Dec 16, 2011
I bought a brand new cat yesterday. have been looking for a used one for a long time, but no luck. Any modifications that are good for it?
where to buy that remote kill switch kit?

And if anyone have any other things to add to the original post, please reply. i bet there are a lot of others looking for used minis..

V
Dec 16, 2011
I had to upgrade the snopro, so i ordered green bellypan, skiis, ski tips and windshield. Next would be a greener seat cover..

Any tips on where to get a remote kill switch kit?

V
Dec 16, 2011
From this:
P1010720.jpg

to this:
P1010842.jpg

Premium Features