• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2" Pro Taper Riser Kit - 2017 Axys

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
Anyone running this?

http://powermaddstore.com/pm/product.php?productid=306&cat=182&page=2

I'm just over 6'4" with long arms, but feel that when I'm riding on flat ground or downhill/tight trees with my 174, I'm hunched over a bit. Positioning is perfect when climbing or on slight inclines, but would like to stand up straight on flats and trails and gain a little more leverage on the sled in tight spots with the thought pattern being longer lever (steering column)=more leverage.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam and you want your hands as close to the center of gravity on the sled as possible, but after 6-8 hrs. of riding, I can tell if we've been on flat ground because my shoulders/traps are sore.

I don't want an 8" riser like the Ski-Doo 850's come with (Dad has 2 of them and while fun to cruise around on, hard to be in an aggressive stance on them given that the handlebars are in your chest on any incline whatsoever).

Thoughts?

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
I am thinking the same thing as you. I ran this same riser in the 4" version on my Pro. I am 6'5". She has a 600 Axys RMK and when I ride it I find that the bars are too low for my liking. I am looking at getting a '18 and I think I would put the riser on if there is enough cable available. I also think the Mountain Hoop is low. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

My thoughts. . .

J
Jan 16, 2016
Pasco, WA
I have a 16 Axys Pro with 155" track. I am 6' 2" and the bars are definately a bit low, I have to hunch over a little when standing up, so just ordered this exact riser block a couple days ago. Most places out of stock right now; found it on Amazon. My previous sled was a '15 Pro and in stock form it fit me perfectly. :face-icon-small-coo

S

SWITCHMAN

Apr 25, 2012
Hudson, WI
I have the SPI version of these.
Got them from Randy @ gobigparts.com
Had them on my '14 Assault
Just moved them to my '17 Pro, a great improvement
I have some 3" ones left over I'm going to try on my Pro next.
I'm 6'4" also and help a lot.

IMG_4896.jpg

RX-1 Liter

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2010
Chautauqua County, NY
I am 6'5" and put the powermadd 2" on my '17 155 with high bars and it is perfect. There is just enough cable to not pinch on tight turns. I loosened the cable ties under the hood to gain another 1/2'" of cable.

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
I'm 6'2 with the wingspan of an eagle, so I decided to go with a 3 inch riser after I got sick of being hunched over. It feels a little high, but standing up and riding is a breeze and I can really pull on the bars. You being taller than I am, a 2-3 inch block would be perfect. Much more control will be gained.

You will need a longer throttle and brake cable. Powermadd has a good extension and I believe WPS makes the brake cable I bought. 4 rides in and I love it.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Are You all talking about the Mid or inseason models .. I ordered my Snow Check with the +1 bars to match the Higher boards and am pretty happy .. could be 1" more but sitting it would be Ape Hangy

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
The in season models have the tall bars. This is what I have ridden and need to be raised for me.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I also have the RSI 2", 15 degree risers on.
Note that they replace the factory block completely so the actual height gain is 1.5".

And please disregard my profile details that reads 50.
That can't be right, must be a site problem!

Last edited:
S

SWITCHMAN

Apr 25, 2012
Hudson, WI
I have the SPI version of these.
Got them from Randy @ gobigparts.com
Had them on my '14 Assault
Just moved them to my '17 Pro, a great improvement
I have some 3" ones left over I'm going to try on my Pro next.
I'm 6'4" also and help a lot.

The 3" risers won't work without extensions
The 2" work without extending.
Any part #'s on the extension cables you used?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I am going to weigh in only because I was told that my bars on my Pro (stock Pro Taper with a 1"riser) were too high by some of the Rasmussen guides. I am 6'1" with a 36" sleeve length and wide shoulders. When I ordered my 16 Axys, I ordered it with the short bar. I ended up putting a 1" riser on it which made it the same as a medium bar. I ordered the short bar because I knew it would be cheaper than buying bars. Anyway, once I altered my riding position per advice from the guides, I found that the shorter combination worked much better than the high bars plus a 1" riser that I had on the Pro. I also ride with a guy is 6'6" and he has the short bars on his Axys. He has long arms. He loves the short bars. My experience with high bars and their effect on handling, leverage, etc. has me firmly convinced that the guides steered me in the right direction. High bars are for Harleys although I prefer lower drag bars on those machines too.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I'll dig this up again and ask if anyone has a recommendation for some kind of level or really low bars that work for the Axys?

Looking to do what I did on my pro; put on pretty straight bars and an adjustable riser from Doo. This will again allow me to move brake and throttle in for a narrower bar and twist my brake a bit down where I like it.

Thanks.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Anyone running this?

http://powermaddstore.com/pm/product.php?productid=306&cat=182&page=2

I'm just over 6'4" with long arms, but feel that when I'm riding on flat ground or downhill/tight trees with my 174, I'm hunched over a bit. Positioning is perfect when climbing or on slight inclines, but would like to stand up straight on flats and trails and gain a little more leverage on the sled in tight spots with the thought pattern being longer lever (steering column)=more leverage.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam and you want your hands as close to the center of gravity on the sled as possible, but after 6-8 hrs. of riding, I can tell if we've been on flat ground because my shoulders/traps are sore.

I don't want an 8" riser like the Ski-Doo 850's come with (Dad has 2 of them and while fun to cruise around on, hard to be in an aggressive stance on them given that the handlebars are in your chest on any incline whatsoever).

Thoughts?

I am 6'2 and ordered my Axys with the tall bar height. It is slightly lower than I would like, say 1-2", which is annoying when riding trails and flat ground because I can't stand straight upright and hold onto the bars. I am always bent, either at the knees or back. It's close enough that I've learned to live with it, and I do agree that in general you want the bars as low as you can live with.

For another point of reference, a Pro with 2" riser was a little higher bar height than my Axys with tall bars.

F
Sep 11, 2014
I am 6' and added a 1" to the tall bar setup - seems about right. I may be able to go higher, but stock was too low. Always hunched over when going downhill which made it more difficult than it should be to get it on it's side or point it back up the hill.

Premium Features