• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you need a new Exhaust temp sensor, read this!!!

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
hey!

THANKS M8 RIDER
got me one coming 36 bucks shipped

send him a PM :p

hope you get your ride figured out

Mar 22, 2010
Idaho
Update

Sorry. I`ve been burrieed at work. GM sensor works just fine. Noticed no difference from the OE sensor. Temps the same, forgot I even changed it. Ordered a second one to keep in the trailer.

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
Plug

The plugs are made by Molex and sold by Mouser Electronics and others.
Molex150 series 33481 #0334810301

Search Mouser Electronics
#538-33481-0301 93 cents.
Click on data sheet and it will give you the mating plug,pins and terminals you may also need.
Click on the drawing and it will give you all the dimensions
Double check the dimensions of your plug to the #538-33481-0301.

There are more plugs that Cat uses made by Molex look around on there site.

Tar

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
How long is everyone getting on these gm sensors?? are they lasting more than the AC ones??
I have put over 1500miles on my GM prob without an issues at all.

Since my Cat plug had an internal short in the prob itself, i cut off the cat connector with out 4" of wire lead and soldered on the connector onto the GM prob wire after cutting off the GM connector. This way I was just able to plug it into the cat harness.

If I have another one go down, I will cut off the harness plugs and just use a standard clip on both ends.

Glad I found this prob though. Wasn;t going to pay cat $150 for one.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I have about 500 miles on the GM sensor. Works great! I dont think the life span is going to be any less on the GM sensor than the cat sensor. Hell, I got almost 5000 miles out of the stock sensor before it failed due to a accidental nitrous backfire.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
These are the best kinds of threads on here, help us save a few $$ to spend somewhere else on the sled!!

Thanks,

Not to toot my own horn, but I am pretty awesome that way LOL. Just kidding.

Sometimes you just have to give back. I am glad I found this product simply for my own needs. More than happy to pass along any info I could to help save other a few bucks as well.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Ordered one of these and it came in today: Total cost $29 with shipping! The sensor size, geometry etc looks identical to the CAT version, threads right into the bung on the exhaust. Different connector plug but it will be easy to cut off the stock plugs when my old sensor goes bad. I don't really plan to install this until my stock sensor goes bad, but so far so good.

Care to share with us where you got it? Thanks

Premium Features