• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warning You have reached the limit of your Free Basic Member reading privileges. To

L
Feb 25, 2009
Washington
Ya, If you go into a post you can only look at 50 responses after that you get that message. you cant read anymore. Maybe Chris should join the Washington State government, they are good at bashing us over the head with new taxes to.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
at the 49 post just cont on a new thread

my arctic cat steering post keeps breaking,help

my arctic cat steering post keeps breaking,help 2

my arctic cay steering post keeps breaking,help 3

damb this getting to be a problem.

what should i doo. buy a doo belts are a trail fix:face-icon-small-hap

G
Jan 7, 2010
I concur

:nono: ONLY $10 BUCKS! That is the issue, its only $10 bucks now, but what about 6 months or a year from now, then it will go up to 20, 30, and who knows from there. Its the idea that this was a free site and is paid for by the sponsors and adverstisments and now requires a fee. I think I may start a site that is "snowinthewest.com" and make it a FREE not limited site. Funny that some think pay because we spend $10 every day on stupid stuff, but that can go the same for license tabs, gas, etc when those costs increase. NO THANK YOU!!!:rant:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
:nono: ONLY $10 BUCKS! That is the issue, its only $10 bucks now, but what about 6 months or a year from now, then it will go up to 20, 30, and who knows from there. Its the idea that this was a free site and is paid for by the sponsors and adverstisments and now requires a fee. I think I may start a site that is "snowinthewest.com" and make it a FREE not limited site. Funny that some think pay because we spend $10 every day on stupid stuff, but that can go the same for license tabs, gas, etc when those costs increase. NO THANK YOU!!!:rant:

If you purchase the three year option like I did it is ten dollars a year.So in six months if they do raise the rate,which I doubt they will,you are covered for two and a half more years.Just saying:face-icon-small-hap

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com

WHOA!!! Lets back the conspiracy truck up a little bit, shall we.
You are more than entitled to your opinion, but when you start to add conspiracy, melodrama and just plain BS, I gotta call your hand.

By all means, go out and start your own forum, buy a server, rent the rack space, pay an IT team to run it, etc., etc., etc. I'm not saying that SW isn't out to make money, of course it is, it's a business.

Maybe if you looked at SnoWest as a place where you could share some your 8 yrs of snowmobiling knowledge for the good of the sport, instead your long, 5 week, 13 post history on SnoWest is nothing more than gleaning information and trying to find a riding partner or snow information. I don't care if you post or not, add tech help or not, just ask for snow conditions......just dont act like a "put out" member who is being squeezed for money at the expense of your vast contributions

This site is give/take. The sooner more people realize that, the sooner everyone can get back to talking about snowmobiling and not how paying the price of a full tank of sled gas is the end of the world.

Last edited:
U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
Oh come on its 30 bucks for 3 years. YOU CAN DO IT> If it sucks after 3 years you out 30 not a big deal for most but it should cut down on the crap.:sun:

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
The only way I'll pay is................

If I get to be a "SUPER MODERATOR". That would be the best! I would get to control who, what, when, ect. ect. ect.! I would pay twenty/yr.
Not really, I am just a little jaded. Having been edited for no particular reason. Just because a super mod didn't like one word.
I got mad. Then I got over it. I bet sooner or later I will find somwhere else to surf. I think a lot of the users will or have done the same.
It is a cycle of those that come and go. All good things come to an end.
Good luck to all -00's

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
You are more than entitled to your opinion, but when you start to add conspiracy, melodrama and just plain BS, I gotta call your hand.

By all means, go out and start your own forum, buy a server, rent the rack space, pay an IT team to run it, etc., etc., etc. I'm not saying that SW isn't out to make money, of course it is, it's a business.

Maybe if you looked at SnoWest as a place where you could share some your 8 yrs of snowmobiling knowledge for the good of the sport, instead your long, 5 week, 13 post history on SnoWest is nothing more than gleaning information and trying to find a riding partner or snow information. I don't care if you post or not, add tech help or not, just ask for snow conditions......just dont act like a "put out" member who is being squeezed for money at the expense of your vast contributions

This site is give/take. The sooner more people realize that, the sooner everyone can get back to talking about snowmobiling and not how paying the price of a full tank of sled gas is the end of the world.

see prime example of mods not getting it ...

do you honeslty think this is a original member ? nice name guy

im willing to bet this is someones 3rd string alter ,

i got a dollar on it

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
If I get to be a "SUPER MODERATOR". That would be the best! I would get to control who, what, when, ect. ect. ect.! I would pay twenty/yr.
Not really, I am just a little jaded. Having been edited for no particular reason. Just because a super mod didn't like one word.
I got mad. Then I got over it. I bet sooner or later I will find somwhere else to surf. I think a lot of the users will or have done the same.
It is a cycle of those that come and go. All good things come to an end.
Good luck to all -00's

Well if you are serious about wanting to a supermod you must first start as a mod.There are a few open positions and if you pm Christopher you may be accepted for the position for FREE!:face-icon-small-hap
You will find though that it is a tough thankless job,but if you are a Snowest addict as I am it can be a very rewarding job.
You could get your premium membership at no cost but most mods have opted to pay as we believe in the site,but that would be up to you.
The friends and riding buddys I have made and also the technical help and riding conditions thanks to Snowest makes all the grief worth it.
As you say all good things come to an end,I say good things can get better.

Cheers,
Dave:peace:

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You will find though that it is a tough thankless job,but if you are a Snowest addict as I am it can be a very rewarding job.
The understatement of the year.

But.
I am always looking for someone who is willing to step up to the plate and take a swing at it, knowing full well that the pitcher is doing his best to HIT you with ever ball he throws.

If you're interested, just let me know.

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
Maybe if you looked at SnoWest as a place where you could share some your 8 yrs of snowmobiling knowledge for the good of the sport, instead your long, 5 week, 13 post history on SnoWest is nothing more than gleaning information and trying to find a riding partner or snow information.

I dont know if I have enough posts for my opinion to be valid, but why is it that every time someone complains about paying, you throw out the "you only have so many posts" comment?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO

I dont know if I have enough posts for my opinion to be valid, but why is it that every time someone complains about paying, you throw out the "you only have so many posts" comment?

Ok, there are all the full quotes.

How big your post count is or if you have payed or not, has no bearing if the information is correct.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
The understatement of the year.

But.
I am always looking for someone who is willing to step up to the plate and take a swing at it, knowing full well that the pitcher is doing his best to HIT you with ever ball he throws.

If you're interested, just let me know.

Can I be a mod? And under my name will it still say free basic member? But i would not then be able to mod anything over 50 posts but it would sure show conviction if I became a mod and still would not pay the fee.

Premium Features