• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Climb Rails

H
Oct 20, 2016
Utah
I have a 2012 Pro climb 153 I am looking to get black rails for it. My thoughts are to powder coat them black however I am hearing that this may weaken them? Plus I hear that getting hyfax on is terrible after powder coating? Any thoughts on this with me doing this good/Bad please comment Thank you

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I've powder coated lots of rails....never had any issues bending or getting sliders installed.

H
Oct 20, 2016
Utah
Rails

Ok thank you for all input. I talked to the tech at powder sop he can foil off where slide go. The powder coat is 400* some rails do not have issues some do.. Its a roll of the dice on what happens all metal(s) react different to heat. It's my decision on what to do...

Cat.jpg

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We do not know exactly what Material and temper OEM cat rails are but we DO KNOW, that on any of our rails the temperatures required to cure the powder will affect the tempering of the material.

If a powdercoater is aware the material is sensitive and is conscious about running the lowest possible heat as well as running for the least amount of time possible there should be minimal affect to the material. Run it hot and let it bake for the longer side and your going to have yourself some weak rails.

This is why we ONLY anodize our rails as it has no affect on the material strength.

Get them painted if you do not want to worry about reducing strength.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Ok thank you for all input. I talked to the tech at powder sop he can foil off where slide go. The powder coat is 400* some rails do not have issues some do.. Its a roll of the dice on what happens all metal(s) react different to heat. It's my decision on what to do...

blacked out, nice. you should do the tie rods too, ever notice the ice build up on them?

Premium Features