• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

reverse randomly working

clarke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sled is 2016 axys pro 800. On my last 2 rides probably last ones for the year. My reverse did not work all the time. Some times absolutely nothing when pressing the r button. Sometimes it would just stall out and sometimes sometimes it would work just fine. Rpms seem to be mostly around 1800. Any chance it is the r button ? I will also search forum for imformation.
thanks Clarke

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
Mine did it also till I unplugged it and replugged it in under hood bag. Like the wires were to tight and started pulling out. This year no issue after did that the first winter had it

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My TSS is bypassed. Its not like the sleds die, its like the switch isnt even being pressed.

And I agree that ice and moisture seem to be the issue, doesnt happen on warm days or in the shop.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
We were discussing this yesterday while out in great spring snow and stopped for lunch and the topic came up as to just how reliable the switches were in the conditions that they see, but there are always the occasional failures, happens with all things mechanical/electrical.
gtwitch in wyoming

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Happened a few times with mine when already in reverse. Hit the button, motor dies and fires back up like it's supposed to but it's still in reverse.

clarke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks for all the replies. Sound like a common problem. I will check the switch connections, then try and check the tps settings.

Premium Features