• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 pro xr 800 swap to a 600 ves

Feb 16, 2011
I am looking to swap out a pro xr 800 to a 600 ves, the 800 is done for, the 600 is coming out of a 02 xc sp 600, I was just wondering what parts do I need to get to make this work, motor straps?, reed boots? exhaust? I know that most of the stuff will swap over , from what I have read I will need a few different things to make this motor sit correctly In the xr chassis. I know there are a lot of threads on this, but I cant find the one with the answers I need, if anyone has a list of parts to do it that would be great or could steer me in the right direction , thanks

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
You'll need an airbox, the correct pipe and y-pipe (can too, unless you want something aftermarket), engine mounting straps, carb boots. If you're still looking, I have some loose parts in my shop for this swap. Feel free to PM me.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You will need all of the electronics from the 600 chassis, wiring, CDI, oil pump. You can go to any polaris parts page and compare numbers and you will see that the 600 and 800 have very few common parts. Furthermore, the O4 probably has reverse and the 02 does not. OR you might experiment using the 800 stator, the 800 secondary clutch, the 800 CDI, the 800 electrical wiring to the left handlebar controls, just to see if you can get the 06 running and have a reverse on it. The 800 oil pump probably puts out oil faster than the 600 oil pump, but the 800 oil pump works in reverse, which is not a big deal if it doesn't because reverse is used only for brief moments. You will use the 600 carb boots and the 600 reeds. The 600 engine mounts are different than the 800. Look the parts numbers up at dealers websites.

Premium Features