• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running a vipec on their turbo charged Proclimb 800

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Looking to see how good a vipec ecu would be at completely controlling everything on a turbo charged proclimb???
Can it control 4 injectors and timing?
What else can the vipec ecu control?

J
Dec 10, 2007
Dakota Performance

Call Jeff at Dakota Performance 701.452.4212. He is pretty much the master of vipec tuning.

Everyone in the group that I ride with runs Vipecs pretty much. I run a 2017 DP 920 Turbo powered by vipec. Numerous big bores are running the vipec box and all of his Push and BloW turbos are running vipec as well.

Give him a call, a wealth of knowledge right there.

J
Dec 10, 2007
My answer.

Now, I'll answer my side to the best of my ability.

My vipec box controls basically everything. Mapping, timing variability throughout RPM ranges, boost based upon barometric pressure (elevation), TPS...

It also controls nitrous based upon bottle pressures and all of that for big bore and stock applications running nitrous.

Keep in mind, it is a 100% stand alone fuel management system that replaces the stock ecu. No piggy back systems required.

I don't know a ton about it but I just know it works really good and adds a considerable amount of HP. Worth the money.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Vipec

Thanks jerherr
I'd like to learn more about everything the vipec can control.
Does the vipec have the ability to control the factory injectors and 2 injectors in the air box?
Does it use the exhaust pipe sensor?
Does it use the intake the intake temp sensor?

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Thanks jerherr
I'd like to learn more about everything the vipec can control.
Does the vipec have the ability to control the factory injectors and 2 injectors in the air box? YES
Does it use the exhaust pipe sensor? YES
Does it use the intake the intake temp sensor? YES

It replaces your stock ecu, so it does control all that, and much more. If you visit the vipec web page and download the VTS software, you can see for yourself the ability the Vipec has.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I run one on a 2014 PC setup by Jeff at Dakota Performance. I would recommend calling him like others have mentioned.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
One minor note is that the Vipec does not output the same information to the gauge that the stock ECU does. Specifically barometric pressure (used for altitude), engine temp, and intake temp. If you have a reflashed gauge you will need a CAN converter to get that data to show up again.

Premium Features