• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iso Rmk rolling chassis 2001 through 2005

M
Jan 6, 2017
2002 rmk 800

I'm wondering what is the newest chassis I could swap parts out of my 2002 into.basically I am looking for a lighter and easier maneuvering machine with everything that I already have tIA

M
Jan 6, 2017
2002 rmk 800

I'm wondering what is the newest chassis I could swap parts out of my 2002 into.basically I am looking for a lighter and easier maneuvering machine with everything that I already have tIA

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
All depends on how much work you want to put in to it. :)

Generally speaking you can use parts fairly interchangeably for the 02-05 Edge RMKs. The lightest Edge RMK was the 03 escape. But the others aren't a huge amount heavier and the 05 is basically the 03 escape minutes a couple of lighter parts like the seat.

02 and 03 non-escape didn't have reverse so if you go 04 or 05 for example then the wiring harness and CDI are different. Not a big deal if you have the 02 you can swap in the necessary wiring pieces.

But what I'm saying is that if stick with the Edge even the 05 won't be significantly different than your 02. Oh and if you go to reverse and switch from your button clutch to the Team secondary the clutches will make more heat and the sled will be slower. ;)

sled_guy

Premium Features