• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bibs or Pants

PC800SP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2011
Harlan, Iowa
buying some new gear and was wondering what people have to say about pants instead of bibs. i have always wore bibs in the past. just was wondering if u get more snow up ur back with pants then bibs?

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I prefer bibs because snow doesn't go down my back or my front. Sometimes when it's really deep snow gets under my coat and gets my stomach cold and wet! Bibs keep me warm and dry. I prefer non insulated bibs!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I wear the Klim Free Ride pants and I have a pair of Togwotee bibs. Both are great but I find myself in the Free Ride pants way more then the bigs though.

I also wear a Tekvest and don't care for the top portion of bibs when worn with a Tekvest. For me, it's too hot and not quite as comfortable, when compared to pants. With the pants, I also utilize the Klim suspenders, which keeps them up and haven't had really any issues with snow coming in.

I would second going with shell style, uninsulated and just layer!!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
been wearing pants for about 10 years now. I can only think of a couple times when I got snow on my back and lets just say the sled and I had parted ways. base layers and mid layers all overlap and make it almost impossible for snow to get in unless things go really wrong. I dont like how bibs come up on your back. I dress with thin layers which allows for great movement and comfort. A good jacket with snow skirt is a must also. Eric

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I like my non-insulated pants with built in suspenders. Always used bibs before but they got a little tight around the beer gut region but was afraid the pants would have trouble maintaining proper elevation, thus pants with suspenders.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I like an un-insulated bib. I am running the Klim Togwatee bib.
I used to have a pair of Klim Extreme bibs which are a good compromise between bib and pants, non insulated, with a lower front and suspenders. Nice if you wear a Tek Vest. I just prefer the higher front even with the Tekvest.

I fall off my sled a lot because I suck at riding and I was getting too much powder on my boyz. So I sold the Extremes.:becky:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I wear HMK Peak 2 pants and jacket. The jacket is long enough I never have any issues. I also have Klim Bibs. The Klim Bibs are non insulated. The Peak 2 are either or. They come with a mid insualtion layer that comes out.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
The klim stealth bibs/pants are best of both worlds. They are a uninsulated pant that has a zip on section that turns them into bibs. They are thin and very comfortable. On deep snow days I will zip on the bib section, takes 5 seconds, and then when it's a little warmer or spring riding and set up snow I will just wear the pants.

Premium Features