• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removing diamond drive 09 hcr

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
16mm inside trackshaft from the brake side. Loosen a few turns and then tap the end of the socket extension to free the DD, then loosen completely. You may also want to loosen the track tension.

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
yeah

I thought I could do it, but it sounds a wee bit complicated for my mechainical abilities on a sled. I just figured out to change the belt an hour ago!!! Tim+

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
yeah

I wanted to take it out so I can take it somewhere else without taking the whole sled. How do you get to that 16mm brake side nut?

B

brian_moreau7

Nov 9, 2008
16mm inside trackshaft from the brake side. Loosen a few turns and then tap the end of the socket extension to free the DD, then loosen completely. You may also want to loosen the track tension.

It is on the right hand side of the sled....... Remove the side panel, Take a flashlight and look down the trackshaft ( Brake is attached to the trackshaft:beer;) You should be able to see the bolt

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
finally

I finally got the diamond drive out after a trip for tools, a six pack, and a can of chew!!! We'll see how it goes putting it back in. It hits the metal protector strip for belt making it difficult to come staight out. Got the pipe in, diamond drive out, and shocks revalved. Thanks for the help guys. Tim

turny 09 059.jpg turny 09 062.jpg

Premium Features