• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bought a Pro....need to remove Electric Start

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Some how this got moved to the Swapmeet section. The ES is not for sale right now. I am trying to gather info as to how to remove it in whole and sell it down the road, vs just pulling it off the sled. Bugito made it very clear that removing for resale is a totally different conversation that just removing it ie the primary exchange.

Hello Guys,

I bought a used 13 Pro 155 Silber Turbo from my buddy for the season. As you can tell from my screen name I have been a doo guy my whole life. This sled came with electric start installed and I want to remove and sell the es. Since I am not familar with Polaris like I am doo's I was wondering what is all included in the ES kit so that when I remove the kit it is in full. For instance on doo's all sleds come from the factory with ring gears installed while I just found out they come with the kit on the Pro.

I have to say it is weird, having a sled other than a doo as I know doo's inside and out. Then on top of that I get to throw a Turbo into the mix.... I have a lot of studying to do... to feel comfortable.

Cheers
Shawn

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Polaris clutches are specific to electric start. So if you want to remove the ES, you will have to swap out clutches to get the starter ring weight out. I bet you won't have a problem swapping someone clutches though. I would trade with you!

Premium Features