• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick sway bar disconnect questions

J

jake432

Sep 25, 2010
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I bought the quick disconnect sway bar system for my ski doo renegade backcountry and I was wondering to anyone who has put these on are their any problems putting them on or anything I should do to put them on?

thx Jake

ski-doo-it

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2009
woodinville
No trick in installing but you will find that when you disconnect the bar,the bar end will slam into the a-arm and bend the mount on the a-arm:face-icon-small-sho if you side hill or catch a bump on the disconnected side and wont be able to reconnect it(happened to me). Take the sway bar off if you spend most of your time off trail.:D

SNOWBUM101

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2009
Whitefish montucky
I bought 2 and they seem to clear the a arm just fine.They say you only need one and I'm sure there right! but two makes the sway bar fall flat and save you room on the a arm:face-icon-small-win

J

jake432

Sep 25, 2010
Twin Cities, Minnesota
No trick in installing but you will find that when you disconnect the bar,the bar end will slam into the a-arm and bend the mount on the a-arm:face-icon-small-sho if you side hill or catch a bump on the disconnected side and wont be able to reconnect it(happened to me). Take the sway bar off if you spend most of your time off trail.:D
when you say that do u mean just take the dissconnect off or the whole sway bar itself

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
I installed mine, went for a ride, took them off when I was leaving the trail and never put them back. Been riding my 08 for 2 seasons with no sway bar and love it.

ski-doo-it

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2009
woodinville
Take the sway bar off and get rid of it if you seriously do more boondocking or off trail riding.You will be Much happier:tea:

Premium Features