• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sway bar quick disconnect, it dosen't work right....the mounts hit each other

M
Dec 1, 2007
I don't know if anyone else tried this but I have the shocks out of my sled so i was playing with my quick disconnect and i noticed that when you take the disconnect out and move the A-arms through there range of motion the two mounts hit each other thus only allowing the side that has the quick disconnect about 2" of independent travel. Is there a fix or do i need to buy another quick disconnect for the other side to allow the sway bar to fall out of the way entirely?

P1010272.JPG

M

mcgyver

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 5, 2008
Idaho
just remove the whole sway bar and be done with it.......best thing you can do

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
If you remove it completely does it kill your trail handleing? I have read where people say if you do this you should turn the preload all the way up on the front shocks, is this true as well?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The XP still handles "OK" on the trails without the swaybar....even with low preload, we run between 1-3 on the front shocks with no swaybar and it works great IMO.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
The XP still handles "OK" on the trails without the swaybar....even with low preload, we run between 1-3 on the front shocks with no swaybar and it works great IMO
I agree. I tried 3 and like 2 better, handles fine on the trail, no swaybar. I made some quick disconnects but don't use them.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I don't know if anyone else tried this but I have the shocks out of my sled so i was playing with my quick disconnect and i noticed that when you take the disconnect out and move the A-arms through there range of motion the two mounts hit each other thus only allowing the side that has the quick disconnect about 2" of independent travel. Is there a fix or do i need to buy another quick disconnect for the other side to allow the sway bar to fall out of the way entirely?

Are you compressing the suspension farther than it would be if the shock was bottomed out?

M
Dec 1, 2007
That's a very good point about the shock. So I went back out and put the shock back in(I have the springs off to get powder coated)and then tried the same thing again. The two pieces just come together as the shock hits the rubber stopper Thus making my whole concern a non issue. Thanks for the help!!!

Premium Features