• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vibration after 2017 engine shim install

S
Jan 11, 2016
Edwards, CO
I just picked up my 2017 Gen4 Summit after having the shims installed per Ski Doo. I have only been able to load and unload the sled at this point but definitely noticed an increase of felt vibrations via handlebars. Anyone else experience this? Thoughts or ideas? Thanks giys

Last edited:
well adding shims to mine did not make any noticeable difference to mine but no doubt with the shims added there will be less play for the motor to move, thus transferring any vibration from the engine through the chassis more.
Take if for a ride and see how it performs, if you start smoking belts you know you have an install issue of some kind.

Zatch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Sounds dumb...but check your clutch sheave alignment. Got mine back from dealer after cracking bulkhead, and the primary clutch sheaves weren't put back together correctly.

Fired mine up right after I got it back, and instantly knew something wasn't right. FYI

S
Jan 11, 2016
Edwards, CO
I have not checked that yet. I will do that in the next day or two. Thank you for the replies. How did you check the clutch? As for checking the engine mounts... that seems pretty straight forward

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
It was the first ride of the year as well as first ride after the updates so it is hard to compare,but I also feel that there is more vibration. Makes sense if there is reduced movement it will also reduce the ability to absorb vibration to an extend.

Premium Features