• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjusting Clickers?

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Just picked up my new G4 175 and clickers are so tight I can't move them, any tips or suggestions? Just don't want to wreck anything. Do I take bolt all the way out? First Doo in 20 years and my memory is not that good anymore....

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Are you referring to the weight pin that you have to loosen to move the clickers? If so, mine was also too tight to loosen without shop tools. If they are like mine, they have a 4MM hex head not a torx head like the tool on the clutch cover has so take a close look at the bolt head before you do anything drastic. If you use a torx driver on them and it is a hex head you will strip them out. I had to use a 3/8" drive ratchet to get mine loose, and they were tight enough there was a noticeable "pop" when they finally came loose.

If your not sure which pin you need to loosen to adjust the clickers, there are several video's on You Tube about adjusting clickers on the P-drive.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I used a Allen on a socket. It twisted it a little but they all came loose. Wouldn't want to try in the field the first time. Everyone should break them loose in the shop before you ride the first time.

Premium Features