• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Switch relocate

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Has anyone tackled this? I wanted the speeders kit but at 350$ Canadian plus shipping it seems like a little far out of reach to just relocate switches. I know it can be done easily enough but looking for what others have done thanks!

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Yep. My own set up. Two rsi style rocker switches in the console, for the heated grips and throttle. Used a Polaris style headlight switch, and then wired in a dirt bike kill switch. And a powermad universal throttle block. Those things I got through kimpex. Reverse is a tiny button switch on the left side of the console I got off eBay.

As far as figuring out wiring I didn't have a diagram so I used a multi meter and figured it out. You need to disable the throttle safety switch also.

Only issue I have is I have to leave lots of slack in the throttle cable so It hits the bars at wide open throttle instead of pulling tight and stressing the cable all the time.

Reverse could be put it on another stop switch if you wanted on the bars.

abbf72cdbbacab1c15c83d0f27306763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Yep. My own set up. Two rsi style rocker switches in the console, for the heated grips and throttle. Used a Polaris style headlight switch, and then wired in a dirt bike kill switch. And a powermad universal throttle block. Those things I got through kimpex. Reverse is a tiny button switch on the left side of the console I got off eBay.

As far as figuring out wiring I didn't have a diagram so I used a multi meter and figured it out. You need to disable the throttle safety switch also.

Only issue I have is I have to leave lots of slack in the throttle cable so It hits the bars at wide open throttle instead of pulling tight and stressing the cable all the time.

Reverse could be put it on another stop switch if you wanted on the bars.

abbf72cdbbacab1c15c83d0f27306763.jpg

That’s awesome good job really clean looking. I’m thinking of doing it to my 18 mountain cat those stock switch drive me nuts

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
I went with the RSI throttle block with built in kill switch and RSI reverse switch. I don't run heaters and have a LED light that's on all the time so I just deleted the whole left assembly

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
I went with the RSI throttle block with built in kill switch and RSI reverse switch. I don't run heaters and have a LED light that's on all the time so I just deleted the whole left assembly

Do you have any issues with trees or snow hitting the kill switch on you? I didn't like how the kill switch is pointed forward. Thought a tree could shut it off too easily.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
there is zero chance of that happening. its not a switch that clicks down, it has to be pushed and held down till the sled shuts off. if it is released before it is off it keeps running. you have to push it pretty damn hard also

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Good to know. The picture I seen of one had a click style that had to be pulled back up to for run.

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
Working on my own set up now. Cost $95 us from a wps dealer. Powermadd throttle block, kx kill switch, Polaris reverse switch, and rocker switches going in dash for hand and thumb warmers. I also have an led light on all the time so didn't need high low switch. Still need to do the wiring and figure out a tether but looks alot better now and reasonable price

Screenshot_2017-11-06-12-54-45.jpg

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Its not very hard to do, I just helped a buddy with it the other day. the Speedwerx kit is convenient because all the connectors are plug and play. I find it best to us shrink-heated connectors to ensure everything is water proof.

best place to find wiring diagrams is Country Cat under the tech section.

Doing it yourself also allows you to pick out your own switches, I personally really like the "slide block" style kill switches they used on the Sno-pro sleds.

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Working on my own set up now. Cost $95 us from a wps dealer. Powermadd throttle block, kx kill switch, Polaris reverse switch, and rocker switches going in dash for hand and thumb warmers. I also have an led light on all the time so didn't need high low switch. Still need to do the wiring and figure out a tether but looks alot better now and reasonable price

Any specifics I need to know about polaris reverse switch? Years, models or anything?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Any specifics I need to know about polaris reverse switch? Years, models or anything?

The Polaris reverse switch is simply a yellow momentary kill switch. You can really get whatever you want, which is what makes it fun, and ebay is littered with them. Red, yellow, grey, you make the pick.

Premium Features