• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo maintenance

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
First year running any turbo and just looking for some feedback on maintaining the sled. Things like what to look for and check often such as hose clamps, clutching, motor mounts ect.are people running different reeds other than stock with this new silber kit?

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
First year running any turbo and just looking for some feedback on maintaining the sled. Things like what to look for and check often such as hose clamps, clutching, motor mounts ect.are people running different reeds other than stock with this new silber kit?

I would recommend after every ride to just do a solid visual on the clamps and hoses you can see with the panels open, belt adjustment is crucial, belt inspection is also a big deal

THIS has saved me more than once, a loose clamp or hose can ruin a day on the mountain

Before every trip I usually clean clutches, scuff up faces if needed, inspect/clean belt, take off hood and double check all the clamps on turbo, exhaust springs, etc.

I usually enjoy going over everything before or after a trip, having a few brews in the shop, tinkering and bull****ting about the good times

Last edited:

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
Thanks for the advice, have you had any problems with chain/ chain case? I shouldn't say problem but rather adjustments. Also I have heard guys that swear on turbo reeds but then next guy says stock? I am leaning towards TKI belt drive...

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
Im going with a tki belt drive also, nothing wrong with the chaincase but I just prefer to change a belt rather than a chain in the backcountry.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The kits are designed and tested on a stock motor. Other mods like belt drive definately don't hurt the sled performing but are by no means necassary.

Yosh hit the nail on the head. Just general once over and trying to keep up on general wear and tear is never a bad idea. Springs break, parts wear out. Everything now is pretty stupid simple as far as low maintiance but it sure doesnt hurt to enjoy a cold beer and look things over before/after rides. Time spent in the mountains is too short already, no need to ruin any due to laziness.

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
I would agree, time is way to short in the mnts. How about rear skid set up for running 7lbs? I'm ditching T motion " I HATE IT" and bought the little brass washers from Justin when I picked up my kit but also have been putting some thought into the raptor ace kit. Also how many miles can one expect with running 7lbs before top or complete rebuild? Thanks in advance!

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
I would agree, time is way to short in the mnts. How about rear skid set up for running 7lbs? I'm ditching T motion " I HATE IT" and bought the little brass washers from Justin when I picked up my kit but also have been putting some thought into the raptor ace kit. Also how many miles can one expect with running 7lbs before top or complete rebuild? Thanks in advance!

I have the kmod rear skid in mine and love it, can't go wrong with the raptor kit, and yes definatly get rid of the tmotion,Night and day better if you like the steep and deep. I always say start thinking about it around 1000-1500 miles..between my buddies and I we haven't blown one up but always change the top end at 1000, maybe a little longer.we will see in this 850, may try to go 2,000:face-icon-small-dis

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Time will tell how the 850's will live in the long term. I know multiple test riders who put over 1k on sleds last spring without issue. I know multiple people on the axys that have run over 4k on sealed up motors.

So much of it depends on your riding style and how hard you beat on the sled, warmup, cool down patterns, etc.

C

cycles sleds

Aug 1, 2011
Hey for any questions on Silber Turbo's contact Cycle And Sleds at 435 563 6280 from 8am to 6pm mtn time. You can also catch us on facebook at Cycles And Sleds.

Cycles And Sleds Hyde Park Utah
435 563 6280

Premium Features