• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Random Bolt

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
My friend and I were out riding and heard a rattle.
He found this bolt rolling around by his clutches.
It doesn’t look like anything we could see anywhere and says 8.8 on it and letters JH.

His sled has had a new track, driveshaft and new quick drive belt.

Can anyone help identify the bolt?
Quick Drive sprocket bolt?

Thanks!

36D5F266-C054-49DF-84DC-A9405A77E01D.jpg

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
My friend and I were out riding and heard a rattle.
He found this bolt rolling around by his clutches.
It doesn’t look like anything we could see anywhere and says 8.8 on it and letters JH.

His sled has had a new track, driveshaft and new quick drive belt.

Can anyone help identify the bolt?
Quick Drive sprocket bolt?

Thanks!

Looks like the bolt that goes through the motor strap and bolts directly to the bottom of the engine cases. There are four of those bolts on a ProRide Pro.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Looks like the bolt that goes through the motor strap and bolts directly to the bottom of the engine cases. There are four of those bolts on a ProRide Pro.

That would be my first suspicion as well from both the OP's description and then the photo. The thread pitch would be a further indicator as the engine strap bolts are a 10mm x 1.5mm pitch and the QD bolts are 10mm x 1.25mm Pitch. From the photo it looks to be a 10mm bolt, unless the person holding it has very small hands. The majority of other fasteners that could come loose are either 8mm (or smaller) or are a torx button head or allen socket headed bolt.

Last edited:

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
The sled in question had a driveshaft failure early on so thought it could be a QD bolt. I have spare QD bolts and it has the same markings so we need to determine thread pitch to confirm where they came from. We will also check motor strap bolts to verify they're intact. The sled has a bad vibration so could be missing strap bolt.

Appreciate the info, Ryan

Last edited:

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Rookie question, Whats the best way to look and see the bolts? I am not at home but seems like seeing them maybe tough without removing parts.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The markings on the head of the bolt doesnt mean much when trying to figure out where it cam from. The 8.8 is the bolts strength rating.... 8.8/9.8/10.9/12.9 JH is just the brand of the bolt, the manufacture.

I good light and an extendable pivot head mirror should let you see what you need to under the engine.

Premium Features