• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP stage 3 & 4

anderson

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2009
Has anyone run a stage 4 kit at 1600'? If I where to ride it at this level would 110 octane help take care issues?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Rode the Stage 4 on the AXYS last weekend at about 1500' elevation. First off the sled ripped. Tons of legs in the mid and top end and definitely liked being in the throttle. I asked the owner about what fuel he was running and he was mixing for 95octane. Sled never chirped at me with any DET and I put it through some climbs in 2' of fresh.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Has anyone run a stage 4 kit at 1600'? If I where to ride it at this level would 110 octane help take care issues?

Depends on which heads are installed, low (0-6K) - should be able to run on minimum 91 non-eth, high (6K+) - you'll need to add race gas to keep it from detonating.

anderson

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2009
Depends on which heads are installed, low (0-6K) - should be able to run on minimum 91 non-eth, high (6K+) - you'll need to add race gas to keep it from detonating.

I would have the 404D head for 6k+.

I'm curious how the map would work. Since it don't snow at my house anymore riding here is not much of a issue. Granted once I send my jugs in for porting and install my head it will start snowing. I would not ride more then 100-200 miles around my house a year. Most of which would involve following my 10 year old around the trail. So if running 110 octane will prevent issues its a easy decision. Does anyone have any experience running autotune?

Premium Features