• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 G4 starting issues.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I was out yesterday with my 17 G4 for the first time this season. Through the numerous starts and stops the sled wouldn't start on two occasions.

I would pull up the kill switch and hit the electric start, it has a very minimal delay, then the engine would just crank but no fire. I'd let off the starter and attempt restart and it would fire right up. Same thing each time. I pulled into the dealer on my way into town and they checked for codes, nothing.

I have over 800 miles on the sled never had this happen before.

Has anyone had this happen?

S
Jan 24, 2017
Missoula, MT
Have you changed your plugs? Fuel filter? That always helped my 800 when she would get obstinate to start. I'm new to the 850 so I'm curious what your problem and fix will be.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i had a battery grounding cable where the bolt was not tight, not sloppy loose, but not tight....once tightened i had no more problems

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
It had it's updates done, I bet they removed the battery ground. To be clear, it has power, the engine always cranks just doesn't always fire.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
If the sled is warm or hot, try cracking the throttle open just a tad while cranking.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Second time out this season, no problems this time. Checked grounds ect. I've got a good tow strap if it's like most intermittent problems. Always started on the second attempt.

Premium Features