• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vforce 3 reeds diagnosis?

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
I also should note that my second ride I had a lot of wide open throttle time so maybe that helped a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
I also should note that my second ride I had a lot of wide open throttle time so maybe that helped a bit.

Yeah I have two rides on mine from last season, one day a pretty hard day of riding. How was your sled for starting when it was cold? Better now that they seem to be broke in?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
Yeah I have two rides on mine from last season, one day a pretty hard day of riding. How was your sled for starting when it was cold? Better now that they seem to be broke in?

Way better now. I was having to use the throttle to get it started and sit there and work the throttle while it warmed up. Now it's just like it was before. Pull it and fires right up. Idles right where it should.

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Way better now. I was having to use the throttle to get it started and sit there and work the throttle while it warmed up. Now it's just like it was before. Pull it and fires right up. Idles right where it should.

Same exact symptoms here and it screws with my reverse too! So annoying. I ordered stock pedals for my stock cages just encase.

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
Same exact symptoms here and it screws with my reverse too! So annoying. I ordered stock pedals for my stock cages just encase.

Yup! Had to hit the reverse button at the right moment or it wouldn't make it lol. Probably not a bad idea ordering stock ones just in case. I will say though that people I've talked to have had good experiences with the 3r's after the annoying break in of course!

Vf3 is first and stiffest edition of these reeds, vf3R must stand for REVISED, more flexible and should break in quicker and easier, 2011 assault has the richest fuel map of 2011 assult and pro 800 = the most trouble especially if you go up in elevation they just get richer yet. Vfarce should have included a controller with the reeds.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Vf3 is first and stiffest edition of these reeds, vf3R must stand for REVISED, more flexible and should break in quicker and easier, 2011 assault has the richest fuel map of 2011 assult and pro 800 = the most trouble especially if you go up in elevation they just get richer yet. Vfarce should have included a controller with the reeds.

Actually the vf3 were normal stiffness.
They just fell apart after 50-100 miles.

The vf3r were the more durable option.
But I could never get a decent idle (even with pc5)

Put stock back in and it ran better than with vforce3r in.

For what that’s worth.

UPDATE, I give these Vfarce reeds the boot, I bought boyesen replacement petals to go in the stock Polaris cages - THE SLED STARTS AND IDLES GREAT ALSO HITS REVERSE INSTANT AS SOON AS I HIT THE BUTTON.
My only regret is that I did not change them Vfarce out sooner, no controller needed no break in needed.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
UPDATE, I give these Vfarce reeds the boot, I bought boyesen replacement petals to go in the stock Polaris cages - THE SLED STARTS AND IDLES GREAT ALSO HITS REVERSE INSTANT AS SOON AS I HIT THE BUTTON.
My only regret is that I did not change them Vfarce out sooner, no controller needed no break in needed.

I experienced exactly the same

Thanks for your help sheet metal fab, it was a little dishearting to do a top end along with the reeds and then have it be acting bad.
I know about only making one change at a time but the reeds are a little ways down so of course I just did it all at once then went through a searching process trying to find the culprit. Did I mention that intermitant problems annoy me ? Lol

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Smf did you try simply cranking up your idle adjustment be bore removing the Vfarce reeds ?

Cranking the idle did nothing.

Turned the screw all the way with it still dying.

Also reverse doesn’t work when the adjustment is that far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features