• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Longer seat? Anybody have any tips?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Im riding alot doubled up with my girlfriend behind me, and coming from Polaris for many years, and noticed that the seat on my new Ascender is shorter, and makes it harder to ride double.

Anybody got any tips for a seat that is longer? Dont like the looks and feel of the seat on the battery equiped sleds, so would like something else.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Older generation WRP seat and older style tank or trail tank for extra capacity. It's longer like the ES seats but lower for stepping over.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
passenger sits up front, driver stands behind.
Or, one person stands on the left side and controls the brake and one person stands on the right and controls the throttle.

U need to add at least 12in to the seat to have 2 people sitting. Not sure if there is something u can purchase like that?

Mountain Cat

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
It is very doable. Last weekend me and my gf ride 2up on my 2018 MC, carved and all sitting down mind you nothing crazy but doable. My gf is 120bs saoken wet holding a case of beer though... lol

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
No problem riding double and riding alittle aggressive. We have been ridinh double up since 2009 without problem, as long the seat is long enough. She always sits behind me, and we think thats the best way to ride.

Would love to be able to use the stock tank, but just a little longer seat. It would be even enough if the sitting area was extended to where the storage compartment is.

Some of the clips in this video i made shows its very doable: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYua-6g-mU

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Unless ur a midget there is no room on a proclimb without es.
I can't have my knees 4in from the dash because the seat isnt long enough.
The polaris seat provides 8-12in more sitting room.

Mountain Cat

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Pics are to show Knees against the dash and how much seat is available behind me.
Not sure how someone sits there?
874ceb48245ac718fab033cff81add14.jpg
7e2daab33bd990a9076aad39d264b758.jpg

Mountain Cat

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
If you put your knees further apart and sit closer to the tank and steering post, it's not a problem getting a little room for two people, but i wish it was just a little more.

The reason i want room for a passanger, is because around here we use the sleds equaly as much to visit people in cabins and in the mountains, as we use them for fun riding. Much cheaper and easier to have extra room for a passanger when my girlfriend wants to come along.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i rode with the lady on the back before. you just gotta get intimate with it:face-icon-small-ton
BDX, boss, WRP, skins - id call and ask em if theres anything custom length available.
the bdx one looks a little longer, unfortunately taller like an ES seat.

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
If you put your knees further apart and sit closer to the tank and steering post, it's not a problem getting a little room for two people, but i wish it was just a little more.

The reason i want room for a passanger, is because around here we use the sleds equaly as much to visit people in cabins and in the mountains, as we use them for fun riding. Much cheaper and easier to have extra room for a passanger when my girlfriend wants to come along.
Another option if you're going a short distance is to each stand on one side of the running board, and each grab onto the center strap, passenger on the right runs the gas passenger on the left runs the brake... this works best when you have backpacks on or in whoops! Can't go as fast as sitting on the seat but it is more comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bleu bayou

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Dayton
What I get out of this thread is market signal for an aftermarket seat for the Ascender series Cat. Anybody listening? My son is going to be home from school shortly and his 42" inseam legs are going to have a tough go on the new sled if he were to sit down on the way to and from elevations where snow is plentiful, it would be on the part of the seat that says don't sit here. Thanks Cat.

Premium Features