• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 XF8000 High Country clutching

R
Sep 25, 2017
I have to switch my clutching in my 15 High Country to the high elevation kit for a trip out west and since I was blowing quite a few belts last year I figured I would tear it all down and clean/check the clutches over. Do I need any special tools besides a clutch puller for this and does anyone have a good write up on this? Have only had a couple clutches apart in the past.

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
Need a secondary clutch compressor of some sort. I use a big piece of threaded rod, nuts and washers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Need a secondary clutch compressor of some sort. I use a big piece of threaded rod, nuts and washers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You don't need a compression tool just take out all but one bolt then set it on the floor helix side down, put a foot on top of it and back out the last bolt.

You will need a torch though, get the bolts really really really hot. Cat uses high temp loctite and it's a pain to get out. Make sure to break them loose with a breaker bar or ratchet. I've never found a torx that'll hold up to the impact.

Last edited:
Premium Features