• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

440 Wedge 141"

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Looks good VB! :yo:

I'll be doing the same thing in a couple of years when my boy outgrows the seat on the Indy Lite.

I might have to "borrow" some of your design. :face-icon-small-win

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Looks awsome but I think it would look better with that 141". Would add the touch it needs. Great work. What year 440 is that. Looks the same as mine almost. Its a 91 400 with a 92 500 engine. I just picked up a 2011 pro seat and a 144 track. Just deciding if I want to extend the extra 10 I put in last year, or the edge I just picked up. Is there an extra 10 in that right now.

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
It's a '93, last year of the 440 l/c in the Wedge.

I'm debating on the track... There are a couple 141 options out there, some are 3" pitch but I would still be stuck with the 20 year old suspension, although it works good it has limited travel. I need to do some measuring and see if an Xtra-Lite skid extended to a 144 or a newer Edge 144 would be better then extend the tunnel to match. Still thinking.

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
I think the edge would be better but I have heard some say that it lifts the back end of the sled up to high and causes some extra weight on the front end. I have no experience in this it's just what I've heard. I would love to use the edge that I have because it has fox shocks but it's alot of work if it's not going to work. Whats your thoughts?
What are you going to do for a tunnel extention if you long track it.

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I thought I was doing myself a favor by purchasing some vinyl type product that had foam laminated to the back. It then needed a "liner" to protect the foam. Since I had some 1000 denier ballistic nylon laying around I glued it on to protect the foam.

I'm not super happy with the end result but will have to see what other products come my way before I commit time to making something different. This current stuff is super stiff so hopefully it is manageable in the cold weather.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Anyone have any suggestions for better shocks for the front of this? I know Polaris used to offer rebuildable FOX shocks but even used those are pretty expensive given the fact they will likely need a rebuild before they would get bolted on.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Finally getting this thing out for a ride. New Years Eve was a nice day to venture out. Daughter had a great time on it.

My Aaen pipe is for sale. She didn't want it loud so I am keeping it stock.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Never mounted it up.

I was about to punch a new hole in the belly pan and the kid said she wanted quiet so I left it off.

With the 133" track it pulls fine, now if I did end up with a 141" I might wish for a couple more ponies though.

Premium Features