• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8000 Sidekick turbo?

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
Anybody have any experience or reviews with the boondocker sidekick turbo? I have a 2016 M8000 with a helium kit and it looks like this turbo will work with a little modifying to the air filter mounting. Any tuning issues with this turbo kit or is it bolt on and go like they say? Any videos or pictures with one installed?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Several of us installed them at the start of the season. There were some issues with the original fuel map that had a rich spot and created a low end bog. In February Boondockers released a new fuel map and mine has been spot on since. I have not touched the clutching from what they set it originally and just that one change to the fuel map. Its been a lot of fun! Not huge power but enough at elevation to make it fun. I would do it again for sure. Can't beat the kit for the price.

I
Sep 23, 2016
Several of us installed them at the start of the season. There were some issues with the original fuel map that had a rich spot and created a low end bog. In February Boondockers released a new fuel map and mine has been spot on since. I have not touched the clutching from what they set it originally and just that one change to the fuel map. Its been a lot of fun! Not huge power but enough at elevation to make it fun. I would do it again for sure. Can't beat the kit for the price.

What kind of power are they advertising? Did you go with the base kit?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Yes I did the base kit. I think it is around 5-6 lbs of boost depending on elevation so around 200 but of course with boost that's 200 at elevation as well.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Junk, absolutely wouldn't run it. Get a boost it kit or a silber axys. The extra 1000 for the boost it will cost you less in the long run.
Or wait for a kit with reflash ecu

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Silber doesnt build a cat kit. Ask the guys that sent deposits and waited 6 months how well those kits run. I would agree with you that the sidekick you rode sucked. Once the reflash was done they are a totally different sled. If you're looking for 5-6 lbs of reliable boost for a great price its a good option. If you want to go more extreme they offer higher options or there are other companies.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Junk, absolutely wouldn't run it. Get a boost it kit or a silber axys. The extra 1000 for the boost it will cost you less in the long run.
Or wait for a kit with reflash ecu
Boost It closed it's doors

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I think there are still some doors open.....
So this is false?
478e3f4c648f88590ac1497ec45415a9.jpg

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Boost It closed it's doors

Wouldn't know for sure but I know racin is still willing to sell them.

As for reliable??? Not the one's I've seen, I think 50% of the bd kits had to ends go.

They are pathetic to ride, even if you spend the extra to make them work better they still don't run like a ecu flashed axys.

I'll take a lightweight stocker any day.

Silber said with new motor coming they where just going to wait. Sucks but understandable

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I've ridden 3 Boondocker kits this year on a 13 and two 16's cats. One with the latest and greatest. Couldn't pay me to ride that laggy POS. My axys hits over 1000rpms sooner and has way more power up top. I'd ride a stock powered Suzuki 800 before a boondocker turbo powered one. I will only buy a stock ECU reflashed turbo like Silber has. I've only seen problems with boondocker boxes. Silber should have a kit for the new motor out next winter. I heard they already hacked the ECU on it.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
So this is false?
478e3f4c648f88590ac1497ec45415a9.jpg

No that is a statement from Boost it direct so there is nothing false in the statement made there. Neil and TJ are pursuing other interests. We have been working with them for years on their turbo kits and will continue to carry the banner. We are getting a bunch of their inventory and working on building new as we speak. We will take over on the XIC fuel controller and be the sole handler of them. We are going to focus on the Arctic Cats primarily and will be doing the Ski Doo 850 as well. Building from there.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
No that is a statement from Boost it direct so there is nothing false in the statement made there. Neil and TJ are pursuing other interests. We have been working with them for years on their turbo kits and will continue to carry the banner. We are getting a bunch of their inventory and working on building new as we speak. We will take over on the XIC fuel controller and be the sole handler of them. We are going to focus on the Arctic Cats primarily and will be doing the Ski Doo 850 as well. Building from there.
Well that's awesome news right there. Good to see you guys keeping it going. I've never run any of their stuff but they have a solid reputation around here.

Premium Features