• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tie down in an enclosed trailer

how do you secure your sleds in an enclosed trailer?

• nothing

Votes: 219 46.6%
  • front only

Votes: 70 14.9%
  • front and rear

Votes: 181 38.5%

• Total voters
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Ok, what's the worst that can happen? If I get in an accident or just have to break hard or hit a rough road, I am wrecking my own stuff. I don't think I am endangering others on the road, am I? I really don't want an argument cause I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I take responsibility for my actions. By the way, calling people stupid probably won't sell too many superclamps.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
It is call an Unsecured load, and you are suppose to secure all your goods by Law

I think this is referring to an "open" style trailer or flatbed. I really don't think semi trucks with closed boxes strap down individual boxes. Just guessing though.

By the way, calling people stupid probably won't sell too many superclamps.

Got to agree with bacon on this one. :face-icon-small-con

P
Feb 17, 2009
chiloquin oregon
If you wreck and a 600 pound bullet flys out the back or side of your trailer and a school bus or a family hits it you can bet it will be your falt and your insurance co. will not pay enough to pay all the suits. If tied down properly your liability will be a lot less. Also you may sleep better at night if the unthinkable did happen. Jim

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
If you wreck and a 600 pound bullet flys out the back or side of your trailer and a school bus or a family hits it you can bet it will be your falt and your insurance co. will not pay enough to pay all the suits. If tied down properly your liability will be a lot less. Also you may sleep better at night if the unthinkable did happen. Jim

Has this ever happened or is this another what if. Maybe we need to all stay at home and lock the doors. Something might happen if we go outside.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
If you wreck and a 600 pound bullet flys out the back or side of your trailer and a school bus or a family hits it ....

Yea, and if a leprachon crosses your path while riding a unicorn with his index finger inside the puss of an orange tabby that's been shaved, some would consider that bad luck.(at least it's bad luck for the cat)

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I always tie/clamp my sleds down in my enclosed trailer. What can it possibly hurt.
Anyway, everyone drive safe, and wear your seat belts, your love ones want you home safe. Happy Holidays!:face-icon-small-hap

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
It is call an Unsecured load, and you are suppose to secure all your goods by Law, and again I did not make the Law. Call your DOT and or look it up on the internet and educate your self on the Trailering Laws, and as for Bacon, you don't have to have a big accident in order to accure lots of damage, again some of you just don't get it. IMO, anyone who does not tie their sleds down in an inclosed trailer are down right lazy, and irresponsible and I guess Stupid. Sorry. Sometimes I wonder if I am talking to kids. That is not to be rude either. A little safety and Common sense sledders, is that too much to ask.

My old trailer had D rings and I never tied the sleds down set the brake and went home. Sleds never moved. The trailer I just bought have tracks in the entire length of the floor for tie bars. It is sweet. My sleds will always be tied down now. I can't see spending 1K on bars when what I have now will work great. With that said I have never bought anything from superclamps but after what I have just read, I never will. When you are in business you should keep your opinions of others to yourself and not attempt to insult your customer base or potential customer base.

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
Meathooker, please do the right thing and tie your sleds down in your inclosed trailer, and i know you will use your common sense, happy safe trailering.

Last edited:

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
I apologize for using the word stupid in my post, it was inappropriate, I am passionate about trailering safety as I have ran into many people tell me horror storys about their accidents with sleds not tie down in there inclosed trailers. Once an accident happens , there is no turn back. better safe then sorry. Again , I apologize if I offended anyone.

Last edited:

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Not at all. So if they don't tie down today they never will?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
People that dont tie or want to tie there sleds down in their inclosde trailers are not prospedtive customers and they were never going to be anyways. Prospective customer know and see the difference. I did not call anyone that ties there sled down in there inclosed trailer stupid, Question: Do you think it is stupid to tie your sleds down in an inclosed trailer.

You might google "prospective"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
People that dont tie or want to tie there sleds down in their inclosde trailers are not prospedtive customers and they were never going to be anyways. Prospective customer know and see the difference.

Well we rode for years w/o beacons, and if someone called me stupid because of that, I damned sure would not buy from THAT person.
BTW, we are wearing beacons now, so I beg to differ with your "sales pitch".

M

mtnbound

Dec 9, 2002
Kennewick, WA
My 91 Wells Cargo had no tie down locations in it. I added some D rings to tie the sleds from sliding forward if I had to get on the brakes.

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
I apologize for using the word stupid in my post, it was inappropriate, I am passionate about trailering safety as I have run into many people tell me horror storys about their accidents with sleds not tie down in there inclosed trailers. Once an accident happens , there is no going back. better safe then sorry. Again , I apologize if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I apologize for using the word stupid in my post, it was inappropriate, I am passionate about trailering safety as I have run into many people tell me horror storys about their accidents with sleds not tie down in there inclosed trailers. Once an accident happens , there is no going back. better safe then sorry. Again , I apologize if I offended anyone.

Don't sweat it, my feelers don't get hurt that easy.:face-icon-small-win I would like to hear some of the stories though. I guess I just haven't run into anyone that has wished they would have sleds tied down either in an accident or trailering in general. I would guess it would maybe help in an accident, depending how bad it was.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Yea, and if a leprachon crosses your path while riding a unicorn with his index finger inside the puss of an orange tabby that's been shaved, some would consider that bad luck.(at least it's bad luck for the cat)

Oh dang Mafesto! I frickin about dropped my phone from laughing so hard at that mental picture

Premium Features