• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guided tours near Avon

Dec 2, 2007
MICHIGAN
Im going with a group to the Christie lodge in Avon. Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good place nearby to rent sleds / guided tour. Most of the group arent snowmobilers but want to go on a guided tour. So is there anything out there that has a tour that the non riders can handle, but still allow me to have some fun too? And any other cool things in the area to check out? Were going the week of X-mas. Also would be open to just renting a sled and going riding but not sure how comfortable i am just going out not knowing the area. Any advice would be great. Thanks

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
There is a place in Vail that does it. Not sure of the name but you can check the local Chambers of Commerce for Avon, Vail. Pretty tame trail riding on Vail Pass.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
There is Vail pass but also a place right in north vail going up red sandstone road. Also unsure of name but its a great ride and the company is great. The riding back there without a guide is great. Wouldn't suggest it with proper gear though, had some slides last season in weird areas.

G
Jun 19, 2011
Camp Hale side of Vail Pass, about 15 miles from Avon, We ride the area few times a season, nice when its a good snow year (like 2 seasons ago).

I know nothing about this tour group, other then seeing them there. If you do it, ride over to Mangos in Red Cliff & have a Taco & some Beers! http://novaguides.com/

S

steeleforce

Oct 27, 2008
Eagle, Co
In Vail at red Sandstone rd ,close to the pedestrian over pass, is( Piney river ranch) Vail Valley tours. Standard group rides hot choc that sort a thing.On the other side of red & white mtn, is Sage outdoor adventures , they run out of 4 Eagle Ranch/Muddy Pass.Right now low snow, they are taking you to the snow on Rzr's, then hoping on sleds.
The place i would go to is Nova Guides, Out of Camp Hale,(backside of vail pass) you can rent solo sleds or do the tour thing. Just be sure to be equipped and take a buddy. all three provide transportation.

Been pretty warm lately pray for snow!:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features